Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shipping meat and unsplit antlers - Guaranteed frozen and inexpensive

Default Shipping meat and unsplit antlers - Guaranteed frozen and inexpensive

Gents,

Hauling moose and caribou trophies for $600 per animal to select states. 608-931-1119 (cell)

I intend to have my tractor and refrigerated trailer sitting in Anchorage from Sept 22 thru Sept 27. I will be hauling moose/caribou meat and antlers back to select states (see delivery schedule below). If you harvested your game and can have it in Anchorage during this time I will haul it for you provided you call me so we can meet up and load it, or call and I can even pick it up at one of the air cargos (at no additional cost to you). Some of you have family and friends in the Anchorage area who could temporarily hold your trophy if you leave early, if so they can bring your game to me and we'll load it, just call. Your meat and antlers will be placed on a pallet, shrink wrapped and labeled, ensuring your game does not get mixed up with others'. Once the truck gets back into the states, you, or your wife/friend will need to pick it up at any of the listed delivery stops where we will unload it from my trailer to your vehicle, at which time payment is due.

You can ship your game in most any configuration imaginable - on the bone, off the bone, in game bags, boxed, etc. Antlers can go split, unsplit, or even still attached to the whole head as for head mounts and Euro mounts. The points do not need to be wrapped or hosed, this isn't the airlines. Each animal ships for $600. Any second, third or fourth animal goes for $600 each. The trailer temperature will be set frozen. The truck leaves Anchorage on Monday Sept 27 noon. Moose and caribou only.

At the truckstop look for my truck either away from other trucks OR with the back of my trailer sticking out. Delivery schedule (all times local) My cell 608-931-1119
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SAT OCT 2 2010 SEATTLE EAST WA (NORTH BEND WA)
    TA truckstop I-90 exit 34 NORTH BEND WA
    Delivering 7:00 am - 10:00 am
    (2360)
    _______________________________________(600)
    SUN OCT 3 2010 BUTTE MT
    Flying J truckstop I-15 exit 122 (I-90 MM 220)
    Delivering 7:00 am - 10:00 am
    _______________________________________(640)
    MON OCT 4, 2010 BISMARCK ND
    Stamart truckstop I-94 exit 161
    Delivering 7:00 am - 8:00 am
    _______________________________________(460)
    MON OCT 4, 2010 MPLS-ST PAUL TWIN CITIES EAST (HUDSON WI)
    TA truckstop I-94 exit 4 HUDSON WI
    Delivering 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
    _______________________________________(280)
    WEDS, THURS, FRI, SAT, SUN OCT 6-10
    Juda Wis, Olin Oasis truckstop W2616 State Road 11/81. End of trip. The trailer will be here for these 5 days and there is plenty of flexibility on when you can pick up your moose/bou, especially for those who live some distance away. Simply call ahead so I can meet you. The trailer will remain frozen until the last animal is unloaded.

For those who may live halfway between stops, I will try to save you some unnecessary driving provided you call ahead and are willing to meet up at a stop on the interstate whenever the truck rolls through.

If you miss your preferred stop, you will have to call me and I will try to hold the truck for you briefly, or meet up en route at the next stop, otherwise you will be chasing the truck all the way to Wis. In the unforeseen circumstances this happens, be assured your meat/antlers will remain frozen in my trailer until you can pick it up or other arrangements are made. 1 week maximum guarantee on frozen meat. If after 1 week no arrangements have been made for re-delivering your moose/caribou meat at your expense or travel, I will donate it locally. NOTE - Undelivered antlers will absolutely positively remain in my secure possession until arrangements are made to get them back to you at your expense. I know first hand the value you place on meat and antlers, so do trust that if you accidentally miss your delivery, your meat and antlers will still be taken care of. The trailer will be LOCKED at all times.

For those who may have concerns with the shipment going through Canada - The only requirement is the proper paperwork which consists of US fish and wildlife service form Number 3-177 and Alaska transfer of possession form, all of which I will have. I intend to have an inspector from the Anchorage branch of US Fish and Wildlife Service inspect my loaded trailer prior to transport. This inspection is not required, however it does act as a safeguard for ease of clearing customs. The meat/antlers/ are insured for $1.00 per pound. Since it is illegal to sell moose/caribou meat, it is difficult to place a "market value" on it. Canadian customs requires I post bond at a rate dependant on value of the entire load. I will post bond for the value of the whole load, which is to be $1.00 per pound. This shipping service is for moose and caribou meat and their trophies ONLY. No bears or wolves, sorry.

Note for those flying with 40 mile air - I should be driving right past their place in Tok on Sept 27, so I would be able to pick up anyones game at this time, however you will need to make arrangements with 40 mile beforehand. I know seasons end early in this area but they have chilled coolers that you might be able to be utilize. Ask Leif, owner of 40 mile air. If this can be arranged to hold your game, you'll need to call me so I know and can stop to pick it up.

Thank you,
    Mike
    608-931-1119
    A&H INC
    USDOT46339
    MC142891

FINE PRINT PLEASE READ - For any and all shipments, I will need your name, address and phone number(s) on the Alaska transfer of possession form. This form needs to be signed by you and should accompany the meat and antlers, weather you ship from the village to Anchorage, bring it to me personally, or have a friend bring it. I will be flying within the state as many of you will, and Alaska weather is...Alaska weather. I can not be liable for delayed/canceled flights, wildfires in route, road closures, traffic, breakdown, USA/Canadian customs delays/impoundments/hassles, acts of God, or other unforeseen circumstances beyond my control preventing me from picking up and delivering on dates/times listed. Once your animal is harvested you should call my cell, ensuring your intentions to ship your trophy, and/or make arrangements for me to pick up your game at one of the air cargo lines. I'd prefer we talk and are set to haul before you go to the expense of shipping your meat from a village only to find ourselves in any type of unforeseen circumstance, then you faced with the dilemma of donating it all in Anchorage, or spending an enormous amount of money to take it on your flight home as excess baggage. If I do not answer my cell, it likely means I'm temporally in a bad cell coverage area, met a weather delay, road closure, unforeseen circumstances, etc. This offer is good for moose/caribou meat and antlers/trophies only, as I will not haul bear or wolf parts. I highly doubt the trailer will fill up to capacity, but in the event it does I will have no choice but to end booking. First come first served. I should be back in civilization, in Fairbanks, the afternoon of Sept 21, so feel free to start calling then, even from the bush on your satellite phone. My cell 608-931-1119

Excellent idea. I'm living here but I will put the word out.
    Even a jackass won't stumble on the same stone twice.

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

I've been discussing this with Mike for a long time now, he's put a lot of effort into working out all the details to make this happen and is going out on the risk curve in terms of his own time and expense to make this a success. It's certainly a good/great deal for all of us who need to get meat back to the lower 48. I trust him completely. If things go according to my expectations, I'll have meat on Mike's truck!

Thank you both for the kind words and well wishes. Much appreciated!

One thing I was remiss in posting - for those of you who want in on this service and will be shipping game from any remote village, is that you will need to pre-pay the air cargo service, be it Everts, Ace, or NAC. If you do not pre-pay, they probably won't allow me to pick up your game from them. But no worries, as I will cover this on the phone with you when you call me, making arrangments. If you do not prepay the air cargos, we will have to hook up in person at the air cargo where I will be waiting to load once you pay them. BTW, these air cargos will ship your entire animal from most any village back to Anchorage for roughly .29 cents/pound which is around $200 per moose. A bargain. Your best bet is to pre-pay once we've spoke and made arrangements for me to pick up your game

How about just antlers and possibly capes? Some of the guys here donate the meat and return home with just the trophy. Do you have pricing for that?

Thanks!

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

I have to agree with ekberger. I have been in discussions with Mike during the summer about this service he is willing to provide. I have all the faith that he has done his homework, and will provide an excellent service should I be so lucky to fill my tags in the coming weeks. You can be sure I'll be calling, god willing we are succesfull.

Thanks for the opportunity Mike and best of luck on your hunt!

KODIAK at heart, but Midwest by occupation, for now

(edited at user request)

How about a guy who is obligated to leave some meat with his parents and In-laws?? I'll be flying with the straps and loins back to the midwest(don't want to let them out of my sight), but I'm going to leave the majority of the meat with my family. They don't get the chance to hunt like I do, so I'm paying them back for all the things they do for me while I'm gone. Would you make an exception to the $600 for just antlers in this case?

Thanks
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 08-24-2010 at 09:46. Reason: user request

Kodiak, I have no problem with guys giving their meat to family and friends, so yes I can certainly do just the rack. I posted above trying to convey the idea I want to serve guys who want their meat while trying to avoid situations entailing guys who wouldnt even bring the meat out of the field if they werent legaly required to. And luckily 99% of hunters do not fall into this group, I know. Donating meat is one of the greatest things going on in the hunting community, especially when done with good intentions and/or when there's no real or viable option to get it 3000 mile away. Hope this makes sense.

KODIAK at heart, but Midwest by occupation, for now

379, I absolutely agree with what you posted above, and I wouldn't fault you for not reducing the price just for Antlers. My original plan, if I'm successful, was to take as much meat on the airlines as possible when I fly back. Then split the rest between family members. I would leave the antlers with family and come up with plans to get them to me over time. But because of the work you've put into your transport offer, now may be the right time to get the antlers back to the states. I'll give you a call or contact you thru PM to talk more. Thank you and good hunting.

Kodiak

I'd be more than happy to discuss any odd, unusuall or other special requests any of you gents might have. Just give me a call or PM. Thanks for the interest and good hunting to all.

Indiana, only because that's where the check came from...

I just picked up my meat from Mike's truck in Southern WI today and I couldn't have been more pleased with the service that he provided. I took all my bagged meat back to ANC where I butchered and wrapped it with the help of a local friend and hunting partner. I then packed everything in waxed "fish boxes" and took them to a local fish distributor in town to have them frozen and held until Mike was ready to put them on his truck. We made the meat transfer in ANC and he called me late last week that he was back and that I could make arrangements to come up and get my frozen meat. It's now all home safely in my freezer in Indiana and I expect that we'll be having moose burgers this weekend. Mike did a heck of a job for me and I hope that others who used his services are just as pleased. More importantly, I hope he decides to do it again next year. He's providing a great service and reasonable cost alternative for those of us who want to get our meat home. I hope that more can take advantage of it if we can convince him to drive his rig up there again next Fall.

Regards,

Eric

Default Trophy Hunts

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Strahan View Post
    How about just antlers and possibly capes? Some of the guys here donate the meat and return home with just the trophy. Do you have pricing for that?

Thanks!

-Mike
    Hey Mike, That sounds like some of the horror stories one hears coming out of the villages; donated meat = extra dump fee for the nearest dumpster. JMHO, What true " HUNTER" would not want to take at least the back straps and tenderloins?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheep Hunter View Post
    What true " HUNTER" would not want to take at least the back straps and tenderloins?
    Can a "true" hunter be someone who shares his catch? Do you have to consume the meat yourself to be a "true" hunter?
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

The trip went well. I loaded meat and antlers in Fairbanks, Wasilla, Anchorage, and Tok. Many thanks to those who used this service.

Peterbuilt
    I love what you've done. I hope you made out ok that we might see something like this again in the future.
    Kevin
    Are we talking about goals or are we talking about dreams? AkKevin The one and only

Looks like a successful trip, Peterbilt. I did contact Peterbilt before my caribou hunt and all his information was clear and easy to understand. I did not contract with him but would not hesitate in the future. I did not have anything to ship back unfortunately. Peterbilt, hope you do it again next year. How did you fare this year? Any trouble at the borders? Thanks, Mark

Kevin and Mark,

Thanks for the kind words. The trip logistics went quite well, both picking up and delivering. Clearing customs into Canada was a breeze, as was crossing back into the states. It was a real pleasure meeting some of the gents on this board who shipped meat and antlers.

Let me add my two cents to this thread. Mike is a class act and he provided a fantastic service at a great price. I just returned home from picking up 810 lbs of moose meat from Mike in Wisconsin. Mike met me with the trailer running and when we checked the meat it was rock hard frozen. Mike kept the trailer freezing my meat till I arrived for the pickup which went flawlessly. Mike also did me great favor because of a miscue by someone else where he had to lay out some of his own money,which I naturally paid back of course. It just goes to his character I guess. If you choose to use his service you should have absolutely no worries about it, Mike did exactly what he said he would do and a little bit more. Thanks Mike Great Job! Kevin K.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast