Thread: CIZMO is Home

Default CIZMO is Home

This is a 32' x 11' Glaciercraft King Offshore with twin Yamaha 350's for power. We will be launching her next week for trials out of Seward.

Man that thing makes your truck look tiny!

You are a lucky man. You should get a coat of shark hyde on that beauty before it gets tarnished by the salt. Its a lot of work to polish those big girls. Hope to see you on the water.

Glad to finally hear the good news! Congratulations & look forward to seeing ya on the water w/ her: the fishing {catching} has been awesome.

Mitch

looks great! do you have any pics of the interior?
    Boatless

I have got to know what the fuel burn is going to be on that and what size fuel tank...

Very nice. That thing is a beaut and is gonna fly with twin 350s. Maybe we'll see you on the water some time.

Congratulations on a beautiful boat! I know you are going to have years of fun with her.
    "Ebbtide" 27 X 9 GlacierCraft
    MMSI#

We'll be launching tomorrow and going through the engine break-in stuff. I tried to post some cabin pics from my photobucket account but am having some issues with getting the pics to show.

Looks great! I look forward to hear how she performs. Those 350's ought to be a perfect match.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

Launched CIZMO at slack tide on August 24 out of the North Ramp in Seward. Worked through the engine break in procedure for 2 hours of run time today. We ran out to Mary's Bay and with 300 gals of fuel on board. I was burning a total of 22 gph, 3600 rpm and 30 mph. A friend is coming down tonight so we'll head to Johnstone tomorrow for some filming and fishing.

This pic is of the boat in the water at the ramp

This is looking towards Calisto out of Mary's Bay

This is looking towards Agnes / Pony Cove out of Mary's Bay

Had another rough day of flat seas and clear skies today. We ran out as far as Cape Junken. I did open her up briefly going through Eldorado Narrows on the way out and saw the GPS hit 50 mph w/ the motors at 6000 rpm. I backed it down when it appeared the fuel flow meter didn't have enough digits to reflect what I was burning. The following is what I got while coming back with 200 gal's of fuel on board in a 2' following swell.

rpm gph mph
    3600 22 28
    3800 24 31
    4400 32 37

The boat rides better at 3800 rpm as supported by the numbers above. The bow is down and the motors don't sound like they're "bogging". Around 4000 rpm, the motors change pitch and if it was an old carbuerated inboard, I would've guessed the second barrels opened. However, their injected but the numbers and sound indicate something similar is going on. So, if the boat is riding well, it looks like I'm going to try to keep it under 4000 rpm for max range.

Hi guys. Sorry to have popped In so late to this thread ( I have just discovered it ). Some of you may be already aware that I have been researching this forum for some solid advice regarding a saltwater boat purchase. Over this past year I have researched every single boat manufacturer , and its probably fair to assume that they all , with varying degrees of satisfaction , build superb boats. However , no matter how far I seem to venture I keep coming back to glacier craft boats. In particular , I have had the greatest pleasure reading via this forum and other web-sites the many adventures of spoiled one , endurance , cizmo , what-a-day and all the others. I am also aware that there has been some subjective complaints in relation to timelines , budgets and completion dates , in relation to some of these projects carried out by the same company. However , when I look at the end product , in my opinion , they simply fade into dust. At an earlier post , one of the forum members described the GC brands as "tanks". I couldn't agree more. They simply look sharper , stronger and more robust than any other vessal on the water. My own absolute favourites is cizmo , due in part to the sheer mass (32x11 king offshore , powered by the unmatched Yamaha 350's). I have been told that the company has moved premises to a new plant and was wondering whether this would help with manufacturing process , thereby increasing the companies capacity to meet deadlines. Does anyone have any up to date intelligence on this matter ? I have also noticed that they have a couple of boats for sale , ( one a demonstrator , and the other nearly complete ). What is everyone's thought's on this. I was considering looking at the nearly finished boat in the event that the company was going to be snowed under with other work commitments. what's everyone's thoughts on this ?

No way I would hand money over to have a new one built. I visited the new shop around a year ago and it was a cluster, some boats in the build stage for over 5 years. I was about ready to plop down some cash for a build that he said was about done before I did some additional research on the company and owner. On a side note, there are a couple used boats on craigslist for sale.

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4286542723.html

http://anchorage.craigslist.org/boa/4290921858.html

Quote Originally Posted by Micky_Ireland View Post
    What is everyone's thought's on this. I was considering looking at the nearly finished boat in the event that the company was going to be snowed under with other work commitments. what's everyone's thoughts on this ?
    I'm sure there are at least three guys with partially un-finished boats that would love for you to inject some money into that business.

You really need to pm the people that you mention in your post. I've also sent you a pm.

Quote Originally Posted by 1S1K View Post
    I'm sure there are at least three guys with partially un-finished boats that would love for you to inject some money into that business.

You really need to pm the people that you mention in your post. I've also sent you a pm.
    X2....also sent you a PM.
    BK

well my father and I have been waiting for the past five years and still no baot in my driveway.