Thread: Problem with my 35 / 336 Marlin

Default Problem with my 35 / 336 Marlin

I hope you guys don't hold it against me that I'm not from Alaska, . . would it make it any better if I said I wish I was ? Anyway on to my problem. I have a 336 in 35 Rem. that I love to carry. I reload for everything that I have, including the 336. Sometimes I have a problem with an extra round somehow sliding past carrier when the action is open and locking it open. The only fix is to use a small pointed object through the loading gate to push the round back into the magazine. I know thats not a safe thing to do but I'm careful not to push on the primer and thats the only thing I know to do anyway. It seems to me that the problem is more frequent with my reloads although I have seen it happen with factory loaded rounds. I've had the gun apart several times to inspect and nothing seems out of place or loose. Has anyone else had this problem ? Is there something wrong with my reloads ? I certainly appreciate any help.

Your carrier may be bent down or the cam on the lever worn thereby not letting the carrier act as a cartridge stop. The lever can be built up or the carrier tweaked to fix it. These are just two possible scenarios I would need to look at it to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    Your carrier may be bent down or the cam on the lever worn thereby not letting the carrier act as a cartridge stop. The lever can be built up or the carrier tweaked to fix it. These are just two possible scenarios I would need to look at it to be sure.
    Rumor has it that "the kid" may know a thing or two about marlin lever guns...

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Ahhh yes.... what you have there is the "Dreaded Marlin Jam"...... Just Google dreaded marlin jam and you will find lots of useful info and instruction on how to remidy the problem.
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio