Thread: Time the prep work

Default Time the prep work

It feels like just yesterday that I found out I drew tags, and now it's Aug. Holy crap I really wasnt ready for this. Oh well, I have scouted and that is about it. I am packing and need to pick up food and load my gear up. I have 2 days off now and 4 days of work and I am going hunting for the first time this season. It rolls from bou, to moose, and then right into buffalo. Crazy season and lots of miles, but it should be a great year. I would like to hear how everyone else is doing so far. I you have gotten an animal, I would love to see pic's.

J

Recent threads, pics and stories abound here...
    Proud to be an American!

I got a wolf last thursday while out grouse hunting/ moose scouting. I have all of my "supplies" purchased for now until I realize I forgot a thing or 2 I have packed and unpacked the 4 wheeler probably 5 times now to make sure everything is going to fit ok on the back and have some room to throw a quarter on the front rack packed and unpacked my back pack aired out the tent and THINK im ready to go but we will see now it is just a waiting game for the first to roll around. Although I haven't figured out what to hunt first I LOVE duck hunting but would like to knock out my moose early if I can to make sure the freezer is full and they both open on the same day decisions decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jcorwin4278 View Post
    It feels like just yesterday that I found out I drew tags, and now it's Aug. Holy crap I really wasnt ready for this. Oh well, I have scouted and that is about it. I am packing and need to pick up food and load my gear up. I have 2 days off now and 4 days of work and I am going hunting for the first time this season. It rolls from bou, to moose, and then right into buffalo. Crazy season and lots of miles, but it should be a great year. I would like to hear how everyone else is doing so far. I you have gotten an animal, I would love to see pic's.

J
    I know the feeling all too well. 4 months flew by but all in all I think we are ready to roll. Like you the "chow" is the last to pick up and pack. Heading in for Caribou on the 2nd of Sept and then rollin' right into moose. Come back and repack and rest for 2 days and then head west for Browns for a couple weeks. Then back home for 10 days and heading back out to Kodiak for Goat. Like you I think we have a full plate but will enjoy every minute of it no matter what the success....Best of luck to all and straight shooting.