Thread: Premier sleds??

Default Premier sleds??

So AK mining and diving is listed as a dealer for the new Premier sleds. These are basically a "tweener" sled designed to fill the gap between the 120's and full sized sleds. I don't havre much use for a 120 as they are too slow to really take out and run trails with, they are pretty much an around the yard or lake only toy. My oldest boy will be 9 by the time I get him back to AK and I have 2 more behind him so I am really thinking that one of these sleds may be just the ticket. Kind of spendy is the one big downfall but w/ 3 kids to grow with it and probably a 30% cost recovery on resale it may just be worth it.

http://premierrpc.com/SR_150.html

The Ski-Doo Backcountry/Freestyle is another good choice for a mid-range sled a kid can grow with for a few years
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

I agree, I figure if I can spend a winter at home then I will pick up a Premier and let the oldest ride it for a year or two then move him up to a freestyle and move the middle one into the premier. By the time the youngest is ready for the premier the oldest will be ready for a full sized sled.

I looked at one at Arctic Man the tear before last. They look good for hard snow but they'll be turds in any snow. Your kids would be better off on an old style Tundra or Bravo LT.

I would buy an Indylite 340, Tundra or Bravo as a more cost effective option. Those Premiers look nice though.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!

Thanks for posting this LuJon! Tracy is scared of my sled, never gose more than 35 MPH or leaves the trail. The 300 might be an ideal option for her. I cant help but think "rock hopper!!" everytime I look at the pic! One of the things I miss about my 250 is taking it spots no snowmachine was ment to go......
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    The Ski-Doo Backcountry/Freestyle is another good choice for a mid-range sled a kid can grow with for a few years
    I have a 2008 Backcountry with 600(ish) miles on it that I would sell for $3,800.

Excellent condition.

From their FAQ.

Question: Who makes the engines?

Answer: We use quality 4-stroke engines, modified for our models from overseas suppliers where they are built and branded under Premier. We do not release any supplier information for competitive reasons. All service support and technical support will be handled through Premier.

Their overseas supplier could make or break a persons opinion on these. 12 HP liquid cooled. Maybe Fuji? If they are a "China" engine, be very careful.

Mike

Admittedly the premier sleds do look nice, I would stick with name brand. Nice used sleds can be had for a fair price, and parts are easy to come by if need be.