Thread: aluminum loading ramps

Default aluminum loading ramps

I'm looking for some aluminum folding loading ramps with a 1000 pound capacity each that are at least 7 feet long, preferably 8-9 feet to load a Ranger on a taller trailer. I borrowed a pair and they are the cats meow but Sams doesn't have any right now. Short of getting raped on shipping, does anyone know where I could find a set locally in Anchorage/Valley area?

The best aluminum ramps I've found came from Alaska Industrial Hardware (AIH).

I bought a pair for loading my Rhino on a trailer. The have a slight arch and fold in half for storing. Very strong.

Whatever you get, make sure you secure the ramp to the trailer.

http://store.aihalaska.com/index.php...ucts_id=411844

Last edited by Superx; 08-20-2010 at 09:45. Reason: added link and pix

Those are what I would love to find, but in a 2000 pound capacity or 1000 pounds per ramp. The ones on their site are only for 1500 pounds total for the pair. If the Ranger just has me and a full tank of fuel, I would already be maxed out. Thanks for the information though.

I bought my solid ramps from these guys. They have a pretty good selection and deliver quickly: http://www.atvramps.com/folding_dual_ramps.htm

Why donít you just add a support to the middle of the ramps? That would be a lot cheaper and increase the strength several times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rutting Moose View Post
    Why don’t you just add a support to the middle of the ramps? That would be a lot cheaper and increase the strength several times.
    I'm not a structual guy so to be honest, short of bringing a set of ramps after purchase to another welder to beef up and raise the cost, I would not know how to do it myself. I'd rather buy the right thing I need the first time.

Ended up finding these on line and with the free shipping plus 29.99 for Alaska, they cost me $278.00 for 3000 pound capacity. Should be here next week. I like the side wall rails for driving down off the ramp as its pretty hard to see coming off the trailer.

http://www.boatersworld.com/product/EP104689588.htm