Thread: Floating the Little Su

Default Floating the Little Su

Could someone give me an idea of how long it takes to float the Little Su from Millers Landing on the Parks Highway to the Public Use/Boat Launch on the lower portion of the river?

Depends on if you're floating with a raft or canoe. The current is real slow, on average I would say 2 mph in a raft. With a raft, you're looking at 18 or so hours floating. With a canoe it's considerably faster.

This time of year, plan on an over-nighter with a raft. You could still do it in a long day in a canoe. If you want to fish, I'd go overnight in a canoe, too. I've done it several times, and in places, the water runs real slow. Especially in a raft (or cataraft like I run) if you get a little wind coming up the stream, you really slow down to a crawl. Lots of good places to camp along the way.

Thanks for the information guys. I figured it would be an overnighter.

Down wind of 2 Glaciers

After floating the little sue down to houston from schrock on friday what ever you can do it in a canoe I would double the time for a raft.
    I wouldn't do the houston to berma in less than 2 nights on the river with a raft so you can fish some and enjoy it. being in a hurry to get it over with seems wrong to me when being out enjoying it all is what its about.

um... Wasilla...

I did that float a few years ago in a raft. If I remember correctly, we did two overnights. The slower pace was nice. Plenty of time to enjoy the trip.
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestalska
    ... you canít tell stories about the adventures you wished you had done!