Thread: Transferring meat thru Canada to L-48.....CITES?

Default Transferring meat thru Canada to L-48.....CITES?

I couldn't find needed info on a site search but heres my question. If successful this season, by hunting partner and self are planning to have our meat shipped via truck to L-48 through Canada. According to what I have read in the ADFG regulations I am to: 1) get a USFWS form 3-177 (got it.....for importing/exporting between states). I am to also get a CITES form for transport through Canada. I visited the CITES website but couldn't find this form. Does anyone know the name or number of this form? Any other "transferring through Canada" advise would be greatly appreciated.
    In '04 we shipped air cargo and very dang near lost a whole moose (spoilage) due to air carrier problems. In '98 we shipped excess baggage.......$$$$$$$$$. Thank you, Patrick.

Get a hold of 379 Peterbuilt. He's trying to make arrangements to bring a reefer truck up and take meat back to the northwest for a relatively small fee. He's done a lot of the research and can probably steer you the right way. He is a member of this forum.

I do it every year and have no problems and don't use the CITES form.....I always have butchered and wrapped venison [no bones] and pheasants.....I do complete the USFW form and have it stamped or signed at US Customs before crossing into Canada.....both countries are training loads of new Customs Agents and many aren't aware of all the regs so the rules change with shift change.