Thread: Ermine Running wild!!

Wink Ermine Running wild!!

I was up at my cabin a couple weekends ago, sitting out on the deck I began to hear squeaking noises that were really close. After looking a little I found these little guys running in the scrap wood pile

How many do you see....

Kinda got me excited for trapping season, even though I dont trap around my cabin as these little guys do a good number on the vole and mice population

trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

LOL no voles there... i see three.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

i see 3 maby a fourth below the one in the upper left, they are fun little dudes to watch be careful skining one though i nicked that gland on one then dry heaved for about 10 minutes.

Better in the wood pile than in the cabin? I second the gland thing, I did not dry heave but broke out into a sweat when I cut the glands on one last winter.

Default Fearless

Yup there are three!!

Yea I have experienced the joy of nicking a gland on these little guys They make neat little pelts thought

We had one last winter that I filmed trying to get my trapping bait that was on the front deck. I finally had to stop him when he decided to bite the bag and try to carry it off. The only thing is that when I opened the door...he stopped looked at me and proceeded to try and enter the cabin with me standing there...they are fearless!!

trout--

"I Envy Him And Him Only, That Catches More Fish Than I Do" Izaac Walton 1653
    The question of hunting is not a matter of life or death... it's more important than that

Quote Originally Posted by akscotty View Post
    i see 3 maby a fourth below the one in the upper left, they are fun little dudes to watch be careful skining one though i nicked that gland on one then dry heaved for about 10 minutes.
    I did the same wiped out my garage for a good while last winter

Default glands

Skin them through the mouth like many do marten and avoiding the glands is rather simple and stink free
    meats meat don't knock it till you try it