Thread: Best ice fishing water Lure?

Default Best ice fishing water Lure?

Looking for some insight. What is the best ice fishing lure? I have heard a black maribou jig with a flasher work great but I was hoping to get some help with lures because I am looking to get more involved in Lake fishing and I am new and looking for help. Thanks for any help or advice that you may have.

Question What species

It would help us a lot if you told us what your target species was/is.
    Certainly lake trout prefer different lures/jigs than rainbows or pike etc..
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

Depending on the targeted fish, I use various sizes of a "Swedish Pimple".

Lakes like Big Lake and surrounding areas. I would say mostly pike, char and landlocked salmon would be the fish that I would be targeting. Thanks again for your help.

I have had a fair amount of luck with krockodiles, but I suggest getting several different things. Switch out till you find what is working at that time and place.

For pike crockodiles and cyclops have produced for me. My favorite though is a large airpland jig tipped with a gulp leech.
    For bigger char I also like the airplane jigs. In a glow or orange color have worked good. For the smaller stockers I like almost anything from custom jigs and spins.http://www.customjigsandspins.com
    Particularily the rat finkee,ratso, shrimpo and poppee usually tipped with some raw shrimp. I never use those cooked cocktail shrimp. A swedish pimple sometimes works as well but not usually as well as the ones from custom jigs and spins At least from my experience With 2 anglers one using a pimple and me using a shrimpo and rartso.
    Kokanees (Landlocked Salmon) I also like the rat finkee,ratso,shrimpo,and popee. usually in the 1/64th oz size but also the bigger sizes at times.For colors I like pink and orange best but keep some other colors handy as sometimes they like something else. I also like the Slender spoon in small size with the strip of glow tape on it.
    If you ever see some freshwater shrimp you will see why the shrimpo,ratso,and ratfinkee in an orange color and 1/64th oz size do so well for me.These are the closest imitation I have found and their quality is second to none. No paint in the jig eyes and quality all around.
    Using electronics it is amazing what you can tell about what fish prefer.That and when you catch 2 to 1 compared to somebody 10' away it is an eye opener.
    "The closer I get to nature the farther I am from idiots"

"Fishing and Hunting are only an addiction if you're trying to quit"

i also think line choice is important....unless your pike fishing where a wire leader is important. I watched my buddy as we trout fished a couple years ago i had 4lb vanish and he was using 8lb blue ice line he caught no fish and i caught plenty with the holes just a few yards apart and using the same lure and same bait. I like half chartruse half glowing teardrop jigs they work for most anything trout or salmon related. for pike spoons, verticle jigging rapalas or smelt are hard to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by B&C 04 View Post
    Depending on the targeted fish, I use various sizes of a "Swedish Pimple".
    Here, here! Followed by the Krokodile.
    The folks out in Bristol Bay during the 70s had a one hit wonder: red and white Daredevil with a piece of red yarn twisted around the treble hooks. Worked for dollies, silvers, rainbows, pike, and burbot all four seasons!

I like a Krocodile too, Little Cleos knock boots as well I like the ones painted like a daredevel, the action of a jigged little cleo is deadly

I use halibut jigs to keep the stockers off my line......
    But really a J hook with balls of fire. Great. Or a swedish pimple in pink
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Krockadile and the Do-Jigger made by the same company that makes the swedish pimples are great go to lures for the ice. For slightly larger fish and where treble hook are allowed, its hard to beat a jigged rattlin rap or a rat-l-trap.

I think they are the only two lures I carry for 90% of ice fishing other than the dodger and jig/fly set up. A small jig and rubber minnow works great under a 000 size dodger as does a weighted fly or marabou jig like you said.

Also don't be afraid to try lures larger than you think is okay. I have caught lots of 20 inch char and burbot on a 3oz almost halibut sized Krockadiles.

For pike through the ice I've had darn good luck with a solid silver Kastmaster. The lure has a great crippled-fish wobble and they are nearly indestructable which is more than I can say about most of my other pike lures.

Swedish Pimple works good..

When ice-fishing lakes that produce large fish, such as sand, big, louise, crosswind, long on the glenn, and other mat-su valley lakes, i always carry krocs in all sizes and colors ( you never know whatll work) but one of my favorites for big char is the leech jig with a stinger hook on it (sold separately). find em at sportsmans warehouse there cheap and very effective. i also carry big airplane jigs. kastmasters work great for both big and small fish. also the little demon jigs are great too. line does make a difference on lakes with pressure, but the remote lakes dont seem to matter too much. for lakers my favorite lure of all time is BIG gold or silver doctor spoon tipped with herring, smelt, a big ol raw prawn, or whitefish (which i can never find). the dardevls in red and white or black and white can also be good for them too.

Release Lake Trout

I also like the Slender spoon in small size with the strip of glow tape on it .

victory motorcars
    lop Seo khoa 2 - SEO