Thread: Black Bear hunting

Default Black Bear hunting

I know Black Bear season doesn't end, and I know baiting season is April to June, but can you hunt blacks from a stand if you know where they hang out? Do they still taste good after June from the interior area?

hope they still taste good. I am going "moose" hunting next month with a friend from work. Since I can't legally hunt 13 without drawing a permit till next year, I will be bear/grouse hunting while he moose hunts and help him pack it out.

Default sure you can

hang out in a tree if you have a good spot. you just can't use bait.

Quote Originally Posted by CATMguru View Post
    I know Black Bear season doesn't end, and I know baiting season is April to June, but can you hunt blacks from a stand if you know where they hang out? Do they still taste good after June from the interior area?
    I am sure you can if you know where they are. That said we don't have the acorns and other food sources that people use in areas back east to hunt them. The tastiest bears are going to be feeding on blueberries which means getting into the alpine and doing a lot of glassing. There usually isn't much in the ways of trees around blue berry patches!!

If you are in decent shape for mountain hunting then check the archives w/ the search function as there have been some good posts about how to hunt them up high in the fall.