Thread: Anyone want to go to Chicken?

Default Anyone want to go to Chicken?

I would like to try the Chicken 'bou hunt this year for the first time. My hunting partner had to back out last minute due to some uncontrollable issues. I will likely leave next Friday, the 27th out of Anchorage. I have an ATV, but do not have a trailer for hauling 2 atv's (I'll be taking mine in the back of my truck). I have not done the hunt before and will be doing this hunt based off of information found in this forum and other online sources, as well as talking to individuals when I get up there. This is also why I would like to head out on Friday - to hopefully set up camp near potentially productive areas. Should the authorities decide to go to weapons restrictions, I do have my IBEP card and will be bringing my bow along as well.

If interested, send a PM. Thanks.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

If i had a trailer for my ATV I'd go with, is it just a registration hunt? I havent checked it out..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    I would like to try the Chicken 'bou hunt this year for the first time. My hunting partner had to back out last minute due to some uncontrollable issues. I will likely leave next Friday, the 27th out of Anchorage. I have an ATV, but do not have a trailer for hauling 2 atv's (I'll be taking mine in the back of my truck). I have not done the hunt before and will be doing this hunt based off of information found in this forum and other online sources, as well as talking to individuals when I get up there. This is also why I would like to head out on Friday - to hopefully set up camp near potentially productive areas. Should the authorities decide to go to weapons restrictions, I do have my IBEP card and will be bringing my bow along as well.

J, keep in touch... we have 2 tags to fill begining the 25th.. in Ferry, I MIGHT be able to squeeze a few days at the end of the month...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    If i had a trailer for my ATV I'd go with, is it just a registration hunt? I havent checked it out..
    Yes, it's just a registration hunt. In past years it has closed in as little as two days due to meeting the harvest goals, but the hope this year is that the caribou will be more spread out and/or that the hunter numbers will be a little lower.

Quote Originally Posted by ret25yo View Post
    Yep, this is a registration hunt. Like Brian said, it may be over pretty quick, but who knows. I wish I had an atv trailer. If someone has one, I'd be happy to drive and pull it with both wheelers. I do have a sled deck, but if I do that with two wheelers, I won't really have any room on it for gear/meat on the way home.

Default I'm up for it!

I have access to both. PM me if you are still looking for a partner.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Yep, this is a registration hunt. Like Brian said, it may be over pretty quick, but who knows. I wish I had an atv trailer. If someone has one, I'd be happy to drive and pull it with both wheelers. I do have a sled deck, but if I do that with two wheelers, I won't really have any room on it for gear/meat on the way home.

you would be surprised where you can tie a bou onto... in between the wheelers works great... if you consider a moose leg a quarter... Caribou have Dimes
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

I will likely leave next Friday, the 27th out of Anchorage.
    You might want to go up before then. Friend that is flagging on the road project, said the highway was going to be completely closed on the 27th and 28th. Second hand info, for what it is worth. Also said Caribou in good numbers along the Dennison Fork and between the 40 Mile and Eagle, on the Summit.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Shot me a PM if you wanna make a run. I have a big truck, trailer and 3 ATV's.. Never been up their but want to make it their one of these years just to check it out..

My partner backed out on me also. I have a trailer for my ATV and planned on going up the evening of the 28th. The road is going to be closed the 27-28th, so I figure if I leave on the afternoon of the 28th I should get to Chicken about the time they open the road the morning of the 29th. I have done this hunt before and go up further than most to get away from the crowd. If you still need a partner let me know. I pm'ed you my # and e-mail. I live in anchorage as well.

“Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Quote Originally Posted by OKElkHunter View Post
    My partner backed out on me also. I have a trailer for my ATV and planned on going up the evening of the 28th. The road is going to be closed the 27-28th, so I figure if I leave on the afternoon of the 28th I should get to Chicken about the time they open the road the morning of the 29th. I have done this hunt before and go up further than most to get away from the crowd. If you still need a partner let me know. I pm'ed you my # and e-mail. I live in anchorage as well.

PM sent your way.