Thread: turns out he was a big one

Default turns out he was a big one

So when I flew to Nunivak this last February, I told my transporter Abe David that I was going to shoot the first bull Ox I saw. True to my word I did. Well I just found out, six months later, that hes quite a critter. Had the old fella measured last week by B&C scorer here in Anchorage and it went 110 and some change. B&C minimum is 105. The scorer said its the biggest one hes done from Nunivak. Abe kept telling me he was the biggest one hed seen. The picture is in the gallery, but here are a couple more of me and Abe with the prehistoric fur cow.
    Truely a once in a lifetime experience, and much harder than I imagined. I can't say enough about Abe. His equipment was reliable and in great shape, his family welcomed me into their home and I enjoyed spending time with them. I don't think you'll find a better transporter, or guy on the island.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In 1492 Native Americans discovered Columbus lost at sea

If I come across as an arrogant, know-it-all jerk, it's because I am

Good looking animal. Glad it all worked out the way it did.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

No doubt he's a beauty. Congrats!
    Foolishness is a moral category, not an intellectual one.

Congrats! That is a big musk ox! My buddy got one from Nome and it made book also but I think it was 108.

Very nice.

Ox season here was over in 3 days, and rut was in the air already. I dont shoot bulls that are bashing, so Im waiting for the reopen Jan 1st.
    I have always preferred winter Ox, as the meat is easier to deal with, the Ox easir to acess, and theres no rut at all, just fat flaovoring the meat.
    That guy looks like you had quite the freezer full , very good.

I'm new to the mesuring game, as teh wife had her' Bear measured this year, we started mesuring other Bears we had on the storm shed roof, and its suprizing, to say the least.
    Soooooooooo, how do I go about scoring them Ox on the roof?
    I know, "one at a time", but I am interested, if someone has a moment......
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Very nice.

Ox season here was over in 3 days, and rut was in the air already. I dont shoot bulls that are bashing, so Im waiting for the reopen Jan 1st.
    I have always preferred winter Ox, as the meat is easier to deal with, the Ox easir to acess, and theres no rut at all, just fat flaovoring the meat.
    That guy looks like you had quite the freezer full , very good.

I'm new to the mesuring game, as teh wife had her' Bear measured this year, we started mesuring other Bears we had on the storm shed roof, and its suprizing, to say the least.
    Soooooooooo, how do I go about scoring them Ox on the roof?
    I know, "one at a time", but I am interested, if someone has a moment......
    or use this form.....and calculator..

http://www.boone-crockett.org/bgReco...ds&type=Muskox

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Thank You Tlinkitwarrior and Vince!
    Ill kill a couple hours with the kids doing this, it should be a interesting in results.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....