Thread: Kodiak Taxidermist

Default Kodiak Taxidermist

Can anyone help me find a taxidermist in Kodiak, and as a second choice the Los Anchorage area. PM me if you have one to stay away from. I am looking for a taxidermist to make a rug out of a brown bear (that I'll hopefully shoot this spring) Any help would be appreciated.

ummm kodiak taxidermy would be a place to start, eric is his name, pm if you need a phone number not usre if he has a web sight might wanna just do a serach.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default call todd

a new guy in town is doing my goat and is a great guy with quick turnaround High country taxidermy 9075395659

Default re

I'll stop by and talk with Eric... & I'll call the ph # for High Country Taxidermy
    Thanks - at least this will get me a few places to check out.

Thumbs up Both

By chance I stopped by both shops today. one by mistake and the other because I had sent him my goat. Both guys guys were friendly and had time to talk. Both had good knowledge of trophy scoring and had lots of good looking work on the floor and lots to do.. The new guy had fresh donuts and coffee. I always try to spread the wealth and with a year or longer turn around looks to me like plenty of work for both

I visited with Eric at Kodiak Taxidermy for quite a while when I was there last fall. I think his goats and blacktails are exceptional. I've heard that he's got a long turnaround, but that's because he does all of his own work. If I killed a goat in AK, I think I'd take it to him.

Edit: I visited with another taxidermist with a shop about a block from Kodiak Taxidermy. I can't remember the name, but he was a young kid just starting out. He was a great guy, but I wouldn't take anything to him until he gains a little experience. JMO, but I didn't think his work was yet in the same league as Eric's.
    Last edited by Oak; 02-06-2007 at 22:18. Reason: Added info

Take it to Larry McMurphy out in Palmer/Wasilla...he's the best in the business. (Woodland Taxidermy)