Thread: Gearing up for the Haul Rd hunt

Default Gearing up for the Haul Rd hunt

Well, I am leaving town on Saturday for the slope. Have to pick up 2 friends flying in to FB. We are using Ralph at Deltana again. Always had great luck and enjoy visiting with them.
    Still trying to decide on what boots. I have tried several different combinations in the last few years. Leaning towards hip waders. Crossing most of those braided streams are usually just over my 18"ers.

Any road conditions or weather conditions anyone wants to share would be appreciated!!
    EricL

Anyone..Anyone?
    EricL

Went up Wed night and got back Sunday night. Haul road condition was pretty good with road construction just north of Coldfoot. Weather was 50 to 60 and cool at night. Times it rained; other times it was blue skies. I noticed the rivers are running a little higher. The area has been getting more rain than usual. Bro and I both connected on nice caribou; and we flew out about 50 miles.

Cool! Thanks for the update. Congrats on the tag fillin'!!
    EricL

eric wish I had more ifno for you but im not heading up till friday after you leave, Im gana bring my lacross bitteroot boots but after last fall on the tundra im getting a pair of those lacross knee boots w the top sraps, cant remember the name?,but that will keep me dry at least, until I cross a river..lol. my buddy is going with a pair of light hip waders, seen a few outfitters use them. post when you get back, would like to see how it turns out.

Well, we did good!! Took 4 bulls. These 2 were the best. The second one was a nice double shovel. IMG_1723.jpgIMG_1747.jpg
    EricL

Quote Originally Posted by ksaye View Post
    Went up Wed night and got back Sunday night. Haul road condition was pretty good with road construction just north of Coldfoot. Weather was 50 to 60 and cool at night. Times it rained; other times it was blue skies. I noticed the rivers are running a little higher. The area has been getting more rain than usual. Bro and I both connected on nice caribou; and we flew out about 50 miles.
    Who Did you fly with and how was the service?

Quote Originally Posted by mr.Montana View Post
    eric wish I had more ifno for you but im not heading up till friday after you leave, Im gana bring my lacross bitteroot boots but after last fall on the tundra im getting a pair of those lacross knee boots w the top sraps, cant remember the name?,but that will keep me dry at least, until I cross a river..lol. my buddy is going with a pair of light hip waders, seen a few outfitters use them. post when you get back, would like to see how it turns out.
    Who Did you fly with and how was the service?