Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scarpa liskams

Default scarpa liskams

just got myself a pair, workin' on breakin' them in this week. any one have/had these boots than can tell me how they liked them. did the fit change much over breakin? i've got wider feet and these don't come in wide sizes so i'm hopin' to just down size my socks and see if that'll help.
    got sick of my alaskan hunter by meindels leaking SOOOO bad.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

I got a pair of these and love them. My feet hurt for a couple days but it was real minor then one day it was like a switch flipped and they didnt hurt.

I feel I was quite lucky though. I had a friend who got a pair and his took forever to break in and killed his feet, but now he loves his also. Make sure you were good socks with them. I wear a thin pair then my regular hiking socks over those. That seemed to help me alot when breaking them in.

Also a good orthotics will go a long way..

Good luck, you will like them.

I was just wearing mine around town this morning trying to decide whether I am going to wear them or my Sportiva Nepal's this week on my sheep hunt. I have had mine for a couple of years and I think they are a great boot. As far as break in..........well I never have thought that mountaineering boots ever really do "break in" like a standard leather work boot or other "hunting" boots because of how they are built. I think what truly happens is your foot "breaks in" to them (in a sense). Liskams are certainly narrow (built on a European last) but if you can make them work for you and you can get used to them I think they are one of the better all around mountain boots out there. I will go out on a limb here Jake and say that the way they feel now is pretty much how they are going to feel next year. I am sure there are exceptions out there but I would say that would be the rule.

The Liskamm's are at the top of a very short list of boots slated to replace my disappointing Kennetrek Mountain Extreme's. I look forward to hearing how they work for you though I am aware that all feet are different.

I like mine a lot.At first I thought these will never fit right/now they are great. Not quite where I want them yet,but absolutely wearable. Expensive,but good quality and I dig the ankle support.

I bought a pair in May and walked around in town and hiked every chance I got before sheep season. I had to put a thicker insole in them to make them feel tighter and prevent my heel from moving and giving blisters. I wore them sheep hunting and they did well. Walking with 100 plus pound in rugged terrain helps loosen them up as well. Still not truly broken in yet as I had a few hot spots but are way better than my Meindel Canadians. I found mine off endless.com with a 25 percent discount for right around $275.

well i'll be takin' these things back. wayyyy to narrow, my feet fell fell asleep, my feet are just to wide for them. i like the boot and the stiffness but theres no way they are going to stretch enough for my feet.
    any other ideas on boots you can get in wider witdths that are stiff like the liskams?
    Master guide 212

I'm far from a boot expert, as I've had the same pair of Koflach hunters for over 12 years and never got blisters...but I have to wonder about a pair of boots that takes months/years to "break in" to the point where they dont kill your feet...ie. I wore my koflachs right out of the box on 4 goat hunts in one season and never had any problems....

not trying to knock any one particular boot, just curious if theres a current make of boot that is comfortable from day 1 for when my hunters need to be replaced...

BRWNBR

What boot did you settle with ?? I am thinking on getting a pair of the Liskamn boots.

RR
    Practice does not make perfect !!!!!
    Perfect Practice makes perfect !!!!!!!!!!

USS SARATOGA CV-60

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...ex_2-1-1-1.gif

Quote Originally Posted by RANGER RICK View Post
    BRWNBR

What boot did you settle with ?? I am thinking on getting a pair of the Liskamn boots.

RR
    I recall that he tried the Liskamm and didn't like them. Not sure what he went to after that.

heard really good things about lathrop & sons for those with hard to fit feet

Where would I look for these boots in Anchorage as I do not make it there much .
    I know Homer does not have them and I would rather not buy over the internet just because I do
    not want to send them back if they do not fit.
    I bought a pair of Asolo boots #12 and they were like #10 . Not a chance to even get my foot in .
    Thanks

RR

USS SARATOGA CV-60

Check out Barneys. They had them last I was in there.

I would checkboth AMH and Barneys both carry Scarpas

I will check out Barneys but who is AMH ??
    Thanks for the help guys.

RR

USS SARATOGA CV-60

AMH is alaska mountanering and hiking, it's half a mile from Barneys it's across from Bearstooth on Spenard. THe guy who does boots there is amazing. He is by far the most knowlegble guy I've met about shoes. I buy all my ski boots and hunting boots from them.

ya barney's has them both. rei i think has some of the asolo boots or whatevever they are called.
    i couldn't find a boot i liked that was wide..so i'm probably go back to the alaskan hunters from meindels i guess... i know they fit good and are comfy...maybe i can try some different waterproofing stuff to seal them up a bit better...gore-tex should come up with something waterproof for once....
    Master guide 212

BB, have you tried the Lowa's? I also have wide feet and I used my Lowa's right out of the box for sheep hunting. They are very comfy boots.

i haven't seen the lowas yet...the meindel alaska hunters fit my feet great as well, i just order the wide size and i love the stiffness of them as well. just the leaky part gets old..but you saturate a boot they seem to leak no matter what. maybe i should just stay outa water...
    Master guide 212

Default Custom outdoor boot needs...Lathrop

Quote Originally Posted by excav8tr View Post
    heard really good things about lathrop & sons for those with hard to fit feet
    Interesting website posted by excav8tr. I checked their "Hanwag Alaska GTX Hunter" boot, available for $281: http://lathropandsons.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/30/products_id/101

or available in custom sizes for $436. Spendy, but for some maybe worthwhile. A friend who wears size 15s for instance, has limited options and might find Lathrop's worthwhile. Here's Latrhop's description for their custom, "Silver" line:

Have fit issues? Need the right fit? Get the Alaska GTX in our Silver Package:
    • Foot tracing calibration – Photographs and full-weight bearing tracing are used to calibrate your feet for precise fitting accuracy. Personal consultation – Where you’re going, what you’ve worn, Problematic area’s we need to address, game plan EST.
    • Boot modification – No two feet are alike. Modifications made before and after boots being worn to ensure a comfortable fit.
    • Free DVD - Modern Day Mountain Man Billy Molls takes you on 9 exciting sheep hunts in his video Rampage! Learn tips and tactics as well as personal equipment used and needed for this kind of hunting. So stay motivated, sit back take a slow deep breath, and watch the rams roll…Be sure to check out other exciting videos on our home page...

Good to know. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast