Thread: Mini Heat wave in the interior.

Default Mini Heat wave in the interior.

Hope all the early hunters are prepared for this. It's supposed to last for just a few days.

The other thing about this is ,that all river hunters should be thinking about the glaicer rivers are going to be high, the one's that feed said rivers are going to drop like a rock.

Unless there is some rain in the interior, I can see the writing on the wall.

Take some kind of a repair kit for the bottom of your boat. Maybe a extra shoe.

I know some of the rivers have droped alot already, and if we get a cold snap ( cool) the rivers will drop even more.

Just thought I'd drop this in here for some of the new hunters. Good luck all.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

freaking 86 here at the house... my buddy called from the mining claim.. his was showing 92... but i do have a small group of yellow leaves showing on a tree ... fall is in the air... except i will prolly be like last year... hot during the day... cool at night..makes spotting hard in the pm...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

So..you are both saying I should bring my camo shorts and sunscreen ?

Guess I will put away my snowbibs

I know one thing.. Won't be much hang time for the meat. I usually like to hang out at camp for a few days after a kill. This early hunt may not be a good thing in that respect.

I called off my weekend hunt... 83F at the house and that's just too warm for me to want to put anything on the ground.

I did do some scouting around instead and the wind in the mountains was roaring- saw a couple of nice bulls in the area I'm hunting so hopefully they'll hang out until it cools down!

The meat would'nt last a day in the field right now. Hey Vince was sitting on the porch at 6:30 this morning and he said it was 69, I personly think he had to much Carilons in his coffee., lol, I had 59 at 6:30.

It might of had something to do about dreaming of wearing a kilt in this weather, looking at the sky, and dreaming about moose hunting, lol.

Really tho to all the early hunters, take all the possiable measures you can to protect your meat.

Aww.. you could do a few days hanging..assuming it is dippin to 45ish at night. Tarps , clean meat , blood shot ALL cut out and quarters bagged up.

Small pile of scraps and head on the ground nearby for birds and flies.

Agree with you however Rock.. Not a good time to gamble with meat. Wife already said I could go back out and play if I bring the meat home:-))

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    Aww.. you could do a few days hanging..assuming it is dippin to 45ish at night. Tarps , clean meat , blood shot ALL cut out and quarters bagged up.

Small pile of scraps and head on the ground nearby for birds and flies.

Agree with you however Rock.. Not a good time to gamble with meat. Wife already said I could go back out and play if I bring the meat home:-))
    was 69 at 0630 this morning...as i was sitting on the front deck with a carolines and coffee...watching the sun come up...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Smile Way to Hot

I just got a bou in unit 13, I now have sunburn but left early enough to get the meat in the freezer. I'm glad my garage stays at 65 degrees makes it soooo much nicer when it's 90!