Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Good Bye John Graybill & Good bye Dolly

  1. #1

    Default Good Bye John Graybill & Good bye Dolly

    Good Bye John, Good bye Dolly. Man could they write 20 books about the life of John Graybill. There are not many left from that Pack. Sad that so many will never know what will never be known. One more rogue who's life adventure's, if recorded, I would pay $300.00 for the book.

    SPECIAL REQUEST: If your going to post to this thread, please keep it positive. This is not the time for the negative.........Thank you

  2. #2
    Member kodiakrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kodiak, Ak
    Posts
    3,175

    Default

    I didn't know the Graybills personally but from what I am reading about them, that is to my regret.

    I would also highly value a book of their recollections of adventures and hardships endured in pioneering this state and aviation in general. Can you imagine what a couple like that would sit out on the porch on a summer evening and reminisce about together? What a life.
    Or how cool it would be to hear John Graybill lean back and say, "Let me tell you about the time...."

    I am grateful to them as a fellow Alaskan who loves airplanes and exploring as well, and has it quite a bit easier than they did in pursuit of same.

    We have All Recieved So much more than we know from These Pioneers, examples to follow, for sure.
    Ten Hours in that little raft off the AK peninsula, blowin' NW 60, in November.... "the Power of Life and Death is in the Tongue," and Yes, God is Good !

  3. #3

    Default

    It was a shock to hear of their passing. I have known John and Dolly my whole life and they were 2 of the nicest people around. John had some great stories to tell most of them sounded unbelievable but for the most part were all true. they will be greatly missed by me and my family.

  4. #4

    Default

    Take this info as you will, I have no way of confirming it. Friend of mine who knows a Friend of Graybills[Graybills Friends name Larry, I know that part is true as I would see them together at Valdez] said it was a 2 plane flight, Graybill #1, # 2 some miles back. #2 says "I don't like what you are flying into John" and turns back to McGrath. we know the rest. Again not trying to pass judgment or anything, just relaying to you what I heard today from what I consider a good source.

  5. #5

    Default

    yeah in todays online adn they talk about it with quotes from Johns daughter and John B. the other pilot.
    It is good to see that there has not been any negative comments on this site about it like on other sites.
    It makes me sick to read some of the posts that some people make in the adn"s comment section while hiding behind fake names.
    If you don't have a positive thing to say don't.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dan g View Post
    yeah in todays online adn they talk about it with quotes from Johns daughter and John B. the other pilot.
    It is good to see that there has not been any negative comments on this site about it like on other sites.
    It makes me sick to read some of the posts that some people make in the adn"s comment section while hiding behind fake names.
    If you don't have a positive thing to say don't.
    The thing about the 'comments" is they are all obviously 50 hour wonders who got this flying thing down pat.

  7. #7

    Default

    A very restless man, this John Graybill. May he now find eternal rest.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •