Thread: Features .243Win caliber hunting.

Default Features .243Win caliber hunting.

Features .243Win caliber hunting.
    Please share opportunities caliber .243Win on Hoth, the minimum and maximum distance shots, the minimum and maximum weight of the killed animal.
    Thanks for your reply.

I am sorry for an error:"Please share opportunities caliber .243Win on Hunt"

I've killed several Mule deer with a .243 Winchester and it did fine. Choose you're bullets wisely. Shot my first deer with 95 grain Remington Core Lokts and was not impressed with the performance. Shot a Fox at 200 yards with it. I have no doubt you can kill Elk, Caribou and Moose with it, but if a bigger caliber is available, go with it.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I've been using it on and off for deer since the 1960's, but nothing bigger that I can recall. It's got a perfect record of one-shot kills for me. I'd guess something over 20 deer including mule deer, Columbia blacktail, Sitka blacktail and two couse whitetails.

The most striking demo I ever saw was an elk hunt on our place in the Southwest. A visiting family jumped a small herd of elk, and it sounded like a war. When we got over to them, they had three elk on the ground. Dad had shot 9 times with his 338. Mom had shot 5 times with her 300 WinMag. Junior (12 years old) had shot 3 times with his 243. We tracked the remainder of the herd for a couple of miles and thankfully found no sign of additional hits. When we hung and dressed the elk, each had been killed by a single 243 bullet to the lungs. Not another hole in them anywhere.

A good hit with a 243 is miles more effective than a miss with something bigger. If you can't make a good hit with a 243, you're sure not going to do it with something bigger and you need to switch to golf.

Thank you for an answer.
    I have for a large beast 30-06 and other calibers.
    My littlest caliber it 7.62x39 SKS.
    I want to fill a niche between 7.62x39 SKS and 30-06.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownBear View Post
    I've been using it on and off for deer since the 1960's, but nothing bigger that I can recall. It's got a perfect record of one-shot kills for me. I'd guess something over 20 deer including mule deer, Columbia blacktail, Sitka blacktail and two couse whitetails.

The most striking demo I ever saw was an elk hunt on our place in the Southwest. A visiting family jumped a small herd of elk, and it sounded like a war. When we got over to them, they had three elk on the ground. Dad had shot 9 times with his 338. Mom had shot 5 times with her 300 WinMag. Junior (12 years old) had shot 3 times with his 243. We tracked the remainder of the herd for a couple of miles and thankfully found no sign of additional hits. When we hung and dressed the elk, each had been killed by a single 243 bullet to the lungs. Not another hole in them anywhere.

A good hit with a 243 is miles more effective than a miss with something bigger. If you can't make a good hit with a 243, you're sure not going to do it with something bigger and you need to switch to golf.
    Interestingly me as will work on a black bear bullet
    Hornady 6mm .243 100 gr InterLock BTSP and
    6mm .243 100gr InterLock SP.
    This information interesting about work of this bullet and on other animals, is distance, maximal weight of animal, opening of bullets on different distances.