Thread: Ketchikan Silvers

Default Ketchikan Silvers

Hey all,

I am heading up to Katchikan with a group of buddies in three weeks and am looking for an recent info you may be willing to share. Really I just want to get even more excited for a week of fishing. We will be staying in Moser Bay, a little northeast of Clover Pass Resort. We did pretty well last year just trolling cut plugs around the back side of Grant Island and around Tatoosh.

I'm going to give Brad's Superbait a go this year. Should be fun.

Has anyone been in that area recently?

Tight lines!

Vancouver, Washington

Pieter - I'm doing the same thing Sept 2 - 9. Four of us guys are fishing in KTN for the first time. None of us have been to KTN, but we're excited about it. We're renting a boat outta Knudson cove marina for a few days. We going to troll or mooch for salmon, if we can find them. We plan to try for halibut but it might be difficult for a bunch of rookies. We're also going to try kayak fishing for a couple days too. Never done that, but it looks like it could be lots o' fun if the coho are close to shore.

The reports I've been reading indicate the fishing has been slower than normal. The reports from ADF&G indicate that hours-per-fish is up for both salmon and halibut.

Thanks for the information. I'm not sure quite how to get started, but I'm sure we can find our way around Grant Island and Tatoosh.

Good luck.

We just got back from Ketch. Fished the first week of August. Fishing was slow, but for the guys that went 30-50 miles, there were silvers galore, so they should be in there thick by the time you get there. We fished Brad's super baits with some success, mostly kings that were undersized. The best colors were black jack and mt. dew.

Even with slow fishing, the trip was fantastic. We never really felt like we weren't catching a lot of fish as we had enough action to keep us interested.