Thread: Do not

Default Do not

Buy rabbit strips at walleys...no matter how desperate you are at 1am to crank some flies.....DONT DO IT, JUST WALK AWAY, LOL! Man what junk!!!! If they werent bald, they were breaking...if they werent breaking they were 1/2" wide and needed to be sliced again. blashphemy I tell ya

Quote Originally Posted by TradBow View Post
    Buy rabbit strips at walleys...no matter how desperate you are at 1am to crank some flies.....DONT DO IT, JUST WALK AWAY, LOL! Man what junk!!!! If they werent bald, they were breaking...if they werent breaking they were 1/2" wide and needed to be sliced again. blashphemy I tell ya
    I have one response to this statement.................................."WELL DUUUH!!!!"

been there, done that... If only fly shops were open at 2 am
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Ditto, been there done that, wont ever do it again.

Yep, not good at all.
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

what can I say, I was in the mood to tie, and I wanted to try some charteuse bunnies yesterday for chums and coho's. And of course I didnt have any charteuse bunny fur.....

you're definatly right Drifter...DUH on me LMAO! never again!!!!!

I'll go one step further. I almost never order fur or feathers of any sort. There's too much variability, even in color, and I'm just too darned picky. I buy extras of what I use most any time I'm in a fly shop, rather than run out. Look at all my bins of materials, and you can form a pretty good impression of what's hot for me!

I know the feeling...I have so much 'stuff', but very little I really use anymore. Heck I have stuff I've bought over the years, materials AND tools, that have never seen the bench yet LOL. I dont tie commercially anymore though sometimes I wonder the way I buy things.

Bought some hooks at sportsmans two days ago, and I couldnt just buy one pack I had to clean the rack of hooks (though I'm sure they had more somewhere).