Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Allison Point Silvers

Post Allison Point Silvers

I've had fantastic luck in the past fishing for silvers off of Allison point...according to my logs this next weekend ought to see some silvers near those rocks! Unfortunately I'm shorebound so the outstanding reports of fishing in the narrows and such has only agitated my "fishing itch". Anyone seen/heard of silvers caught off of Allison Point/City Docks yet? I'm coming down either way!

Thanks ya'll....
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

I am heading down also this weekend . Have not heard of any reports yet of any silvers at Allison point. What is the best spoon or spinner to use from the rocks at the point?

Use a Silver Lady....(aka weighted trebble - HA!)

Thanks for the advice

Red or Green #5 Vibrex.

Just got back from Valdez. The fishing was excellent at Gold and Mineral Creek. The fish should be around Allison Point and the docks in a week or two. Almost but not yet.
    "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

does the fishing really die-down after labor day?
    Random guy in Fly shop: "Where did this happen???? In real life or in Alaska?"

My understanding (and correct me if I am wrong) is that they release the big commercial fisherman after Labor day and they go out and scoop up any remaining Fish with their seine nets so...Yes the fishing does "Die-Down" after Labor day.

I'm hearing "through the grapevine" that some fish are being caught off the city docks. Ya'll know how the grapevine is tho.... I'll be down tomorrow to verify. Expect a report Friday morning, I'll post after the thurs night high tide. Good luck!
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Awesome - I will be down on Sat. I look forward to your post. Tight lines for us all!

I would go down... If school didnt start tommorow
    -Its better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.
    -Put some excitment between your legs, ride a polaris!
    -Local 907 Riders Union
    http://www.youtube.com/user/AKMackdaddy?feature=mhee

Had a friend just come back from fishing Valdez. They went out in a boat and did really well. Then they spent a half day just walking around town and the harbor area. They stopped by the city dock and some people were fishing and having some luck. A few fish being caught but nothing hot yet. A few of the "silvers" caught were actually really chrome chums. Interesting.

AF EOD, How long are you going down for? Your pm's are full and can't take any more.

Just cleaned out my PMs...should be good to go.

Two words: NOT YET

Spent the night at Allison Point and didn't catch anything but nasty pinks. Some were missing an eye...don't know how they saw the lure, lol!

After giving up on fishing I sat on a bench and glassed the bay for an hour. Didn't see one jumper anywhere. Saw lots of sea otters and seals/sea lions. There was a bear putting on a show near Solomon Gulch. Beautiful weather! Nice Valdez sunset, too.

P8190020.jpg

Maybe a few days? Don't know...will try again and maybe I'll get lucky and hit the first wave. A guy can hope right? Good luck all!

Quote Originally Posted by AF EOD View Post
    Just cleaned out my PMs...should be good to go.

Two words: NOT YET

Spent the night at Allison Point and didn't catch anything but nasty pinks. Some were missing an eye...don't know how they saw the lure, lol!

After giving up on fishing I sat on a bench and glassed the bay for an hour. Didn't see one jumper anywhere. Saw lots of sea otters and seals/sea lions. There was a bear putting on a show near Solomon Gulch. Beautiful weather! Nice Valdez sunset, too.

P8190020.jpg

Maybe a few days? Don't know...will try again and maybe I'll get lucky and hit the first wave. A guy can hope right? Good luck all!
    Thanks for the update - Hmmmmmm still coming down Sat - Like yourself staying overnnight at Allison Point. I too will be hopeing to get the leaders. Better than sitting on the couch!

I'll be fishing this morning's 1130 tide as well...don't hold out much hope but, couldn't agree more: It beats sitting on the couch! I'll drive back over to valdez afterwards, find a wi-fi spot and post again.

Roger that!

Keep the pressure on! I envy you guys. Good luck!

Well, no luck...not even a jumper seen. I must, however, comment on the ARMADA of boats across the harbor in vicinity Mineral Creek. There are several reports of silvers caught directly across from Allison Point and the fleet is out there in hot pursuit. No silvers to be seen on the Allison side yet, tho. Once again, sat and glassed for a while. Tried to count the boats across the way but gave up after 50. I think we're down to just a handful of tides before the cohos arrive at Allison Point. (Hopefully!)

Plenty of bears as well...be careful

I'm not giving up on the cohos yet!

Just left Valdez on Thursday. I was fishing from a boat and had plenty of silver action. They have not reached Allison point yet. I did see a few caught by the old city dock and hey should be at allison point any day.
    Good Luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast