Thread: Anyone still catching Kenai reds?

Default Anyone still catching Kenai reds?

I have a co-worker that has never caught a salmon and has been trying pretty hard all by himself. He's really wanted to fish the Kenai as he's never been there (just moved here from Indiana). I'm taking him in the morning down to try and get him his first salmon. I thought it might be our best bet. Anyone still catching them down there?

I'm in Solodtna right now and the fishing is dead slow for reds. A few are being caught but just as many silvers, if not more. Pinks showing too, hit those farther down towards the tidewater. For reds, I would go to the upper river near Cooper Landing.

we were at cooper landing today and it was dead. 3 reds rolled in 2 hours

We are in Soldatna as well and only saw one red caught yesterday. More pinks and silvers coming through.

Well we went down today and fished the upper river and it was slow to start out with but we managed a few fish. The only down side was that they were all bright red. Cool to catch one and put up a good fight but we really wanted some chrome fish for the table. The upside was my friend caught his first salmon! So mission accomplished.