Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Fire Engine Pictures

Default My Fire Engine Pictures

Ok what do you think?

C&R 8 August, Klutina River. First hole of the day, and my first king of the day. I hooked 8 and landed 5. This was the bigest took about 20 mintues to land, eventually had to rodeo the fish with the raft. Fish is in the top 10 largest kings I have caught easy. I estimate about 50-55 lbs. I did not tape the fish, I conservatively estimate it at no shorter than 50 inches and no longer than 54 inches.

Comments on what you think about size very welcome, just looking at others opinions on estimating the fish size from the full photo.

Just For Reference : I am 68 inches tall and weigh 185lbs
    Attached Images Attached Images
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

The force is strong in this one

Nice!!!

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Man that's at least...........................................15 pounds!!!
    I would say 65#-70#

What a freaking pig. The fish is pretty big too. Nice catching there Jedi
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

what you cant see........the little cotton balls shoved up his nose to prevent decaying fish smell from gaging him during photo shoot.

:P

Nice fish. I thought this picture looked familiar. I saw it on the ADN website.

Nice Rodeo Hog! He beat downriver like a five alarm fire truck! Lol!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

What a way to stare off the day, it looks like it would go in the mid 50’s.

Default Catch and release kills!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Ok what do you think?

C&R 8 August, Klutina River. First hole of the day, and my first king of the day. I hooked 8 and landed 5. This was the bigest took about 20 mintues to land, eventually had to rodeo the fish with the raft. Fish is in the top 10 largest kings I have caught easy. I estimate about 50-55 lbs. I did not tape the fish, I conservatively estimate it at no shorter than 50 inches and no longer than 54 inches.

Comments on what you think about size very welcome, just looking at others opinions on estimating the fish size from the full photo.

Just For Reference : I am 68 inches tall and weigh 185lbs
    Jedi, where do I start? DUDE! this is crazyness!!!!!I like you bud and I dig all your post but you've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! what in the heck are you doing raping the spawning beds? These guys are applauding this foolishness to boot? My God man!!!! You murdered that magestic fish in its sanctuary I hope you know, along w/ 8 others! I'm sorry but I'm friggn furious!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Jedi, where do I start? DUDE! this is crazyness!!!!!I like you bud and I dig all your post but you've got to be kidding me!!!!!!!! what in the heck are you doing raping the spawning beds? These guys are applauding this foolishness to boot? My God man!!!! You murdered that magestic fish in its sanctuary I hope you know, along w/ 8 others! I'm sorry but I'm friggn furious!!!!
    o.k. charley brown .
    He released the fish never took it out of the water, fish swam away with nothing but a sore lip. The only thing that was murdered was you post. Now Jedi were is that awesome video?

Yeah I really don't think these were spawning kings yet. I caught one on this trip that had the guides gear in it's mouth that they had lost the day before. They lost that king two to three miles below where I caught it. I don't think these guys were on the spawning beds, lower Klutina, raging fast water...but what do I know?

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I caught one of the same type of fish on the same day down at the confluence of Klutina and the Copper he was a long ways from spawning grounds..........except I kept mine and I will say it was good eating as well. Smoked up really well to. Good job Jedi! Maybe next year I will get one that big.

Yeah, that king is pretty red but not THAT dark. Definitely not a spawner yet. Still 2-3 weeks away. Nice fish, bet you guys had a ton of fun. Gotta try that next year! August kings! Right on.

Quote Originally Posted by fullbush View Post
    Fullbush, Thanks for posting, all comments welcome. You may believe I did something unethical, or wrong, I dont think I did. I did nothing illegal or unethical, I have nothing to hide and welcome your constructive critisism. Maybe if you saw where we were fishing, methods used, and how strong all the fish swam off, you might change your opinion. Maybe not? These fish where never taken from the water and we were not 'raping" any "spawning beds" ....did not "murder" any fish either, except the 2 sockeyes and 1 silver from the valley before I fished the Klutina. To those fish I plead guilty. There are others that may share the same opinion of me that you have. Feel free to comment.

Like I said nothing illegal or unethical done IAW the law and my morale code. I am sure there are other folks and organizations (PETA for instance) that would want this Jedi off the river for good just because their code of ethics is different than mine? Quick to judge, quick to anger, slow to understand? Fullbush you are entitled to your opinion, thanks for posting. Maybe you might change your mind about me and targeting fish using legal methods, while fishing in a legal location, during specific seasonal opening for a specific species (king salmon open on Klutina til 10 August), after reading my response....maybe not? I imagine the argument is not a legal one but an ethical one? There was no ethical dilema for me in is particular situation, I simply used my individual right to choose not to harvest those fish and all of them were healthy for release. I practice selective harvest more often now then I did 10 years ago, even knowing about a certain percentage of mortalty rate with C&R. Well like I said, thanks for posting and sorry your so upset, hope we can still go fishing together one day.

Default One more for the gravel!

Kudos from me for a the great catch and excellent release!

Keep those huge fire engine traits in the gene pool.
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Good sport, Jedi! Like your ethics.

My husbands brother caught a CHROME king out of the Klutina some 20 years ago. And that was in middle of August. Still some nice fish in there. Big too!

Great fish man!
    I applaud your methods on the photo and the release. Well done....

My estimate (based on the wrist of the tail) is 52-58 pounds.

Quote Originally Posted by JediMasterSalmonSlayer View Post
    Fullbush, Thanks for posting, all comments welcome..... I imagine the argument is not a legal one but an ethical one? There was no ethical dilema for me in is particular situation, I simply used my individual right to choose not to harvest those fish and all of them were healthy for release. I practice selective harvest more often now then I did 10 years ago, even knowing about a certain percentage of mortalty rate with C&R. Well like I said, thanks for posting and sorry your so upset, hope we can still go fishing together one day.
    [QUOTE]

Jedi - Here's a word to keep this thread in perspective:

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" Proverbs 15:1

Good reply- I think your reply fits the former phrase. I appreciate Fullbush's sentiment re his concern for the escapement - I too have a personal do-not-fish above this point on some of my favorite coho streams around Juneau, but I have to admit we're pretty spoiled in SE when it comes to kings. They're off limits in freshwater except in a few limited hatchery enhanced stocks, so bright fish are pretty much the standard except in the hatchery terminal areas.

Enjoy your fishing and may the kings run forever!

[QUOTE=akaquaman;789591]

Jedi - Here's a word to keep this thread in perspective:

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger" Proverbs 15:1

Good reply- I think your reply fits the former phrase. I appreciate Fullbush's sentiment re his concern for the escapement - I too have a personal do-not-fish above this point on some of my favorite coho streams around Juneau, but I have to admit we're pretty spoiled in SE when it comes to kings. They're off limits in freshwater except in a few limited hatchery enhanced stocks, so bright fish are pretty much the standard except in the hatchery terminal areas.

Enjoy your fishing and may the kings run forever!
    Akaquaman, Thanks for commenting...My training and beliefs prevent me from thinking I have no faults, I am prone to make mistakes and have learned a difference in point of view is not bad. Tolerence is my watch word, I tried to catch the fish fast and release only if I believe the fish was strong to be returned to the river. I was not pounding any redds with spawning fish. I also share your concern with resources of the Great Land, I stand by my actions and respect others opinion which may not agree with me. Thanks again for commenting. I am sure some people wont even fish for salmon in fresh water, because they consider them spawning salmon as soon as they enter from the salt.

Jedi I would say your Chinook would go 60-65lbs nice looking one for sure! I also think it is funny how people start charging others with killing salmon and stopping them from spawning when it is from any river other than the Kenai. Maybe they associate the red coloring with a spawning salmon? If so they are a bit off considering some salmon will start changing colors while still in the salt and they sure aren't spawning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast