Thread: NAP bloodrunner for moose?

Default NAP bloodrunner for moose?

anybody know if it's legal to use the hybrid broadheads from NAP? They are fixed at 1 1/8" and open to 2 1/16" on contact.

I believe they are barbed. I'm pretty sure they arent legal, but I bet they would leave a massive trail.

edit

I know the two blade are barbed, not sure about the three blade.
    Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.

See below from bow regs....technically speaking, because they open on impact, it doesn't appear they'd be considered legal...regardless of the fixed size. But I'd call F&G; the regs are so much legaleze who knows?

"mechanical or retractable broadhead" means a broadhead with cutting edges that are retracted during flight and open upon impact to a minimum cutting diameter of not less than seven-eighths inch (7/8") and does not lock open after impact to create fixed barbs.
    "barbed" refers to an arrowhead with any fixed portion of the rear edge of the arrowhead forming an angle less than 90 degrees with the shaft when measured from the nock end of the arrow.
    "We're all here cuz we're not all there"

It is mechanical and in my view, barbed. Therefore, I would find a fixed blade broadhead. I have NAP Hellrazors, and they work well on moose.

The three blades aren't barbed but the mechanical part is the question and why take a chance of all the trouble and money it would cost to make the point. As we all know a lot of the time its in the eye of the trooper and then we have to pay a lawyer to make our point. Most lawyers want $3000.00 retainer and will spend it somehow.
    PS active military folks, you can go on NAP web site and they will sell there products wholesale to you. I agreee with BigDaddy I like the hellrazors.