Thread: Fish Creek or Cottonwood Creek Tips

Default Fish Creek or Cottonwood Creek Tips

OK I have 3 boys ages 10,10 and 7 who would like to try and catch a fish tomorrow.

One of the 10 yr olds (my sons best friend) has had his dad deployed with the army all summer and hasn't gotten out at all.

Anyway... mom won't put up with a 4am fishing start so that puts Jim creek (my first choice) and probably Rabbit slough out of the question.

that kinda leaves either fish or Cottonwood within an hours drive and as the tide is at 11am we don't have to get out there stupid early. I imagine the technique are the same as Ship or any other tidal water.. eggs under a bobber or vibrax. (lots of both ready to use)

what I'm hoping for is some tips and hints as to where on either of those creeks I should be looking for fish... (if you don't want your honey hole to be blazed on the internet feel free to PM me) or any other hints as to how they behave...

is it like ship? before and after tide... or is there some action at high tide too??

anything to help give these three boys a good time would be appreciated.

Drifting eggs is usually a sure bet. Be there well before high tide, 3-4 hours, the majority of new fish come in on the beginning of the tide change ("incoming" tide).
    Once the tide is high, fishing slows, time to leave or go up stream. Should be the same or real close to Ship creek.
    Don't know the correction for Fish or Cotton, I'd guess 1/2 -1 hour or so after Anch times.

***Some big tides right now to be ready to move, be safe.***!

Tip: I learned on the "tidal areas"(the fish start to run, 2 hours after low. (don't tell everyone)
    I watch the low tides & try to be there 2 hours after low, (4 hours before high). (same should hold for Ship)

Thanks..... I'll adjust my timing to be there a bit earlier than I planned.