Thread: Moose season Aug 25 -Sept 25

Default Moose season Aug 25 -Sept 25

So I wonder how many guys will be beating the brush on the 20th?
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by ironartist View Post
    I'm sure lots will be hunting on the 20th, but that doesn't mean they are necessarily out of season. Different seasons depending on what unit you are hunting. The unit I hunt in doesn't open until September 1st. Others open in November, some in August on various dates.

14B is what I should have added
    Visions Steel/841-WELD(9353)
    "Rebellion is in my blood, I was born an American"
    Μολών λαβέ

I am sure a few, plenty were out there "early" last year in 14!!

Default 14B cow tags

14B has a couple of cow tags. They start early on the 20th, so there will hopefully be people beating the brush and making some shots as well. I will be out and about this weekend to scout.

I know one person that will be looking around for 3 browtines in unit 13th on the 15th :-)

Beating the brush isn’t that the truth!

I had friends who lived up there and I spent a lot of time trying to hunt the area. The only method I found that works was to drive around in a truck hoping to see something. That was back in the days you could hunt any moose. I did find a trail that had a lot of tracks one year; it was about a mile off the road. I went back three times over five years and it was like they never use the area again. Because of my local connections back then, I never heard of anybody that would kill a moose every year, except for a native man who would use a 22 and shoot them in the eye. I kid you not, and that was 40 years ago.

You can’t call a cow moose although they will come out of curiosity, unless you’re into road hunting and have a lot of gas you better be lucky.

Opens the 20th for me just a 5 mile trip north, on the 25th here at home and the 15th a 12 mile trip north. In reality I can hunt moose within one hour of my house from Aug 10th (archery) until Sept. 25th. Pretty cool and I have no excuse to not get a moose this year.

Moose pops are looking good here in north 14. I saw four cows today, ALL WITH TWINS !!, one of my customers said he spotted a cow with twins also off the Talkeetna Spur Rd. Simply amazing and we wouldn't have seen that 5 years ago. I missed out on a small bull today in Unit 16, but I'll give him a couple days to settle down and try again. I simply blew it by riding my wheeler in just a little too far before I glassed. He busted out of some 5' tall grass just 25 yards away.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

I know someone last year who was in his stand in 14b on the 20th, with a bull working its way into range, when he got a call telling him he was 5 days early and not to shoot!! lol Since he had cell reception he checked the regs online too make 100 percent sure of the date.