Thread: Bow's...

Default Bow's...

accurate out to 40 yards! WOOOHOOO!!! Headin' out @ the crack o' dawn to get me a bullwinkle!

I used a Morrell's Yellow Jacket BH target, 125 grn Montec practice heads, 7595 Gold Tip with veins (lost my only FOBd arrow yesterday...) on a 29" draw, Mathews Legacy, @ 70lb.

Remind me to replace my Practice heads with real Montec's please, prior to me goin' out...

How I sighted in:
    I did the FT walk back as linked on another thread, & that seems to work fine with BHs...Once I got accurate groupings, & then moved back & saw I was hittin' right, this was @ 20yd, so I moved my rest to the right, & then my arrows went high, but still middle & so then I moved my sights up, & VIOLA, bulleye @ 20 yds...I walked back to 30 yds, & again gettin' bulls eye, & tried at 40 yds...& still hittin' bulls eye...Satisfied, I walked my target & bow home in the pourin' rain...There's a moose out there with my name on it...

ID, Check, license, check, harvest ticket, check, accurate bow, check, friend with boat to take me out, check...Now here moosey moosey moosey!

Eagle River

Well, if that's the bow that's banged up (, the scuffs don't seem to have hurt it much! Chance favors the prepared.

Mine was a little shorter ... Pulled the bow out of the case, screwed on a broadhead, walked out to 40, smacked the bullseye, did it again to check, ready to hunt this a.m. I saw lots of moose this a.m. but didn't connect. It's my 16th anniversary today so I doubt I'll get to go out again tonight..LOL...
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem