Thread: Ninilchik campground converted to day use

Default Ninilchik campground converted to day use

What a bummer, went down clamming and not only were the clams small, one of my favorite state campgrounds was converted to day use only. It turned out for the best because is was really windy on the coast and staying at Johnson Lake provided good cover from the wind and spits of rain. But I loved being able to wake up and eat breakfast looking across the water to the volcanos. I suppose Deep Creek is the place on the coast now for that area, although I don't usually like to stay at places were there is much ATV traffic since I have a small child so I guess until she is old enough for a wheeler. RIP Ninilchik CG, our family will miss ya!

It is a shame. I liked it too. Went 2 weeks ago and found it was day use only. Had to divert to Deep Creek.

Yea, really disappointed at the closure. Couple of the regulars and the host set the tone for friendliness. Some sort of advisory group of gov't agencies and Ninilchik residents overseeing the situation; considering whether to rebuild it for next year. I vote yes.