Thread: Jack Brittingham

Default Jack Brittingham

I just watched "Ultimate Hunting for Alaskan Big Game" with Jack Brittingham. What a joke! Is this guy for real?
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

Many of these so called "hunting shows" with their "professional hunters" are nothing more than clueless baffoons being lead around by the nose by a guide. They couldn't kill a darn thing without one. Then they feel the need to tell us "average" hunters how we too can take an animal as good as theirs.... It's laughable.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

do you know what they pay those guys for footage!! $100 per minute for every minute it plays on air, even reruns! on the outdoor channel. Im tired of watching some of that stuff too, trying to put some real stuff together and send em what real hunting is, doubt they will give me my own show though lol, at least i have your vote.

Laughable or not, I watch a lot of hunting vids in the winter. Jack's vids are a lot better than some of the whitetail videos I've seen--I like the fact he includes his family in his hunting vids. I wish they made more of the Eastman-style "Challenging the Northwest Territory." But, you're right. The pro hunters are being led around by the snout killing the big-uns on hunts most of us couldn't afford.

Tim

Jack's son is (or was) a member of this forum. He's a lieutenant in the AF and stationed at Elmendorf.

As far as being led around by the nose...if you're a non-resident and short on time but long on cash hiring a guide make's sense. I own the same video and find it to be one of the better ones out there. Beat's the hell out of watching the procession of fully camo'd 300lb bubbas shooting baited deer from a box on stilts that is the Outdoor Channel.

Jack might have a guide lead him to the animals but he still humps the hills and makes the stalk. And his videos aren't an infomercial for buck bait and 4WD golf carts.
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

The videos just seemed pretty canned to me. I know that when they film those videos they will film the kill and maybe some of the stalk and then recreate most of the stalk but alot of that video didn't seem like it was put together very well. Don't get me wrong, there was a lot of good stuff in that video, just seemed canned the way it was edited.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

On one of his Alaska hunting videos he takes a GIANT brownie with his bow. Awesome footage of an awesome hunt. The guide that took him was charged with 30 counts of unlawful activities including shooting cow moose from an airplane and then marking their positions on a gps so he could take clients to the kill site. http://www.adn.com/2010/05/14/1278536/successful-but-cheating-guide.html The Huge bear JB took was on a moose kill. I like Jacks videos very much, and so do my daughters and I doubt that he was aware of any illegal activities.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by moose-head View Post
    On one of his Alaska hunting videos he takes a GIANT brownie with his bow. Awesome footage of an awesome hunt. The guide that took him was charged with 30 counts of unlawful activities including shooting cow moose from an airplane and then marking their positions on a gps so he could take clients to the kill site. http://www.adn.com/2010/05/14/1278536/successful-but-cheating-guide.html The Huge bear JB took was on a moose kill. I like Jacks videos very much, and so do my daughters and I doubt that he was aware of any illegal activities.
    I had heard about that but wasn't going to bring it up. I was sure there would be some flare ups on here bringing that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik in AK View Post
    Jack's son is (or was) a member of this forum. He's a lieutenant in the AF and stationed at Elmendorf.

As far as being led around by the nose...if you're a non-resident and short on time but long on cash hiring a guide make's sense. I own the same video and find it to be one of the better ones out there. Beat's the hell out of watching the procession of fully camo'd 300lb bubbas shooting baited deer from a box on stilts that is the Outdoor Channel.

Jack might have a guide lead him to the animals but he still humps the hills and makes the stalk. And his videos aren't an infomercial for buck bait and 4WD golf carts.
    I second that!!

I used to watch Jack but after watching 2 of his videos I came to the conclusion to either smash my tv or stop watching that guy...TV is still workin'....

Whether he knew what the guide was up to or not, that world record bear is TAINTED.

Taylor

Common knowledge in the industry concerning the tainted activities for years....finally he was nicked.
    dennis

I think That JB is the real deal
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Syracuse, New York, Wasilla, Alaska, United States

Sucks to say, but I have to agree with Marc on this one. Sucks for JB and cause I agree w/ Marc. :-)

isn't he the guy who used mechanical broad heads for brown bear in his video or was that archie nesbitt
    "early to bed, early to rise, fish like hell, and make up lies"