Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The New Sage VTX

Thumbs up The New Sage VPX

Just picked one up today at Mossy's. This is the rod replacing the VT2. Man it is sweet. Love the color and the feel. The balance with the solitude 2 on it was amazing. Needless to say it will be fished in the goddess next weekend. Taking one more weekend off from the river. Letting it drop a bit (hopefully). Plus we are chasing slivers this weekend with some fellow forum members. Oh I have the VT2 9'6 7 wt so I stepped it down to the 9'6 6 wt for the VPX. A bit light for the kenai but will work on the upper with my experience but this will be one sweet rod for quartz creek and the russian bows too
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

VTX??

New rod for Sage? I can't find any info on it.

Congrats!!

Darn fingers try VPX

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Just picked one up today at Mossy's. This is the rod replacing the VT2. Man it is sweet. Love the color and the feel. The balance with the solitude 2 on it was amazing. Needless to say it will be fished in the goddess next weekend. Taking one more weekend off from the river. Letting it drop a bit (hopefully). Plus we are chasing slivers this weekend with some fellow forum members. Oh I have the VT2 9'6 7 wt so I stepped it down to the 9'6 6 wt for the VPX. A bit light for the kenai but will work on the upper with my experience but this will be one sweet rod for quartz creek and the russian bows too
    A 6 will work on the middle, that is what I use. I am planning on trying out a 5wt I got for x-mas this year, man cant wait to see how it holds up to a 30 + .................oh man dang you Chuck you got me tweaking again! LOL

I have the VT@ in a 7 the VPX in the 6 my 5wt is just the launch. I wont use it on the middle at all way to light. Being new to the mid river floating this year Im gonna take both my 7 and my 6. Start bigger and work my way down as I learn the drifts and that part of the river

I have the VT@ in a 7 the VPX in the 6 my 5wt is just the launch. I wont use it on the middle at all way to light. Being new to the mid river floating this year Im gonna take both my 7 and my 6. Start bigger and work my way down as I learn the drifts and that part of the river
    chicken! LOL I started on a 6, i have seen people use 4's down there, as a matter of fact the biggest bow I have ever seen was caught on a 4wt. From a boat it isnt to tough with a lighter rod.

I use a 4wt.

Chuck, good luck with that rod. Dave's dog will be looking to snap it at the first opportunity
    ><((((>.`..`.. ><((((>`..`.><((((>

"People who drink light 'beer' don't like the taste of beer; they
    just like to pee a lot." --Capitol Brewery

Quote Originally Posted by Phish Finder View Post
    I use a 4wt.

Chuck, good luck with that rod. Dave's dog will be looking to snap it at the first opportunity

He sure will!!!
    I got my two Sage's back from warranty and they are ready for another go.

P.S. I fish bows on the upper and steelhead on the Anchor with a 4wt Sage RPL.

I guess it just depends on how much people care about the resource. I see people down there every weekend fishing small rods and it takes a lot out of those fish. It shouldn't take someone 20+ mins to land a 24 inch fish. I have seen a lot fish die bc of carelessness. Not saying you guys dont care or anything I am just saying its a lot easier on the fish and fisherman. Don't get me wrong its a fun fight. My first rod ever was a 4 weight and I have fished it both the middle and upper. Not a good idea. Plus when you fish a 4 down on the middle that will be the day you hook a 20 plus pounder and get spooled say **** I wish i had my 6,7,8wt. ha its bound to happen.
    That rod looks sweet though. I might have to check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayintrout View Post
    I guess it just depends on how much people care about the resource. I see people down there every weekend fishing small rods and it takes a lot out of those fish. It shouldn't take someone 20+ mins to land a 24 inch fish. I have seen a lot fish die bc of carelessness. Not saying you guys dont care or anything I am just saying its a lot easier on the fish and fisherman. Don't get me wrong its a fun fight. My first rod ever was a 4 weight and I have fished it both the middle and upper. Not a good idea. Plus when you fish a 4 down on the middle that will be the day you hook a 20 plus pounder and get spooled say **** I wish i had my 6,7,8wt. ha its bound to happen.
    That rod looks sweet though. I might have to check it out.
    no your right it is a lot tougher on the fish, and I certainly wouldn't use a 4wt or a 5 from the bank, but from a boat I don't think it is as hard on the fish, I could be wrong though.

There's always one in every crowd.

Thanks for your awesome insight into butchering trout.

I fish reds with a 5 wt and many more of them die

Chuck, you better take that rod back and get a 12 wt for grayling fishing. We wouldn't want you to stress the fish.

The proper retrieve for a fish has them hydroplaning on the surface during retrieve.

The proper retrieve for a fish has them hydroplaning on the surface during retrieve.

No shet sherlock. Ain't you ever seen a Bassmaster's Tournament?

Proper technique has fish airborne for a good 7 feet.
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I use a 4wt.

3wt in the shop?
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Just picked one up today at Mossy's.

Sweet! Today was a good day. Looking forward to seeing you hook that 30 incher in Sept

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    3wt in the shop?
    The 3 wt is now Eli's rod.

Oh, the 4 (soon to be 6) piece ankle biter special edition?

Save the longest surviving piece. Will come in handy when he gets old enough to talk back

You laugh now, it will make a hell of a momento for him in 30 years.

I still have an old handball racket with holes in it. Think red dots on me azz. PTSD settting in...

Boat isn't near as bad with a smaller rod. Might be pretty interesting on the middle river.
    Not trying to start an argument. Just trying to educate people but "there is always one in every crowd" ha
    I am sure chuck knows what I am saying.

There's always one in every crowd.

Thanks for your awesome insight into butchering trout.

I fish reds with a 5 wt and many more of them die

Chuck, you better take that rod back and get a 12 wt for grayling fishing. We wouldn't want you to stress the fish.

If anyone needs the definition of chomper I found it.

Just trying to educate people but "there is always one in every crowd" ha
    I am sure chuck knows what I am saying.

Do you realize that you have three grammatical errors in the same sentence with educate?

I guess it just depends on how much people care about the resource. I have seen a lot fish die bc of carelessness.
    All this from someone with a username "Slayintrout" ...? The irony of it all is almost too much for me to stand.

Chuck, Congrats again on the rod. Fish the piss out of it. Treat her like the hotrod she is (to steal your very own metaphor).

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast