Thread: K Kustom Rods in Anchorage. Anyone familiar?

Default K Kustom Rods in Anchorage. Anyone familiar?

I am interested in a custom rod. I had talked with Ken a long time ago, seems he advertised here on the site, not sure. Anyway, just curious if anyone was familiar with his rods. Depending on the feedback, I might let him build me a 4 piece float rod for my centerpin outfit. I have a Batson Forecast 7/8 wt 12.5' 4 piece now but want something a bit lighter for the Upper Kenai in Sept. Perhaps a Rainshadow 12.5' 6 wt.

http://www.k-kustomrods.com/

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I just got my float rod (2 pc) and I already want a 4! Those things are monstrous! Hardly fits in the truck! Had to pay a pretty penny for a case for it as well. Let me know how the search goes.

Will do Bowdy.

Being that we travel from North Carolina to Alaska a few times a year, I am a big fan of rods that fly well

-Dan
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

I met Ken (and wife Kelly) last weekend. Seems like a great stand up guy to me! I haven't seen his work, but may have him build me a laker ice fishing rod for this winter.
    Mike

I do a lot with Ken and his works is great, he stands behind his work. I like Ken a lot and he is a true stand up guy.
    "The Tug is the Drug"

That is all I needed to hear. Thanks man.

I met Ken this winter and he builds some really sweet rods. I think you will be really pleased with his work.

If I ever prioritize things down here, I'm gonna have him fix a broken guide on my 8 weight. I will definitely be calling him soon.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Thanks all for the kind words... I do stand behind my work and do my best to have happy customers....

looks like some great rods..

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

From what I have seen of his work it looks like he does outstanding work.

I have two KK-Kustoms and if'n he's willing and time allows it. I'll several more.

Kens a class act for sure.
    I'm Pro-Pike.