Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: heading up haul road

Default heading up haul road

Heading up the haul road 19th - 22, right now it is a solo hunt if anyone might be interested in joining me shoot me a PM, I plan on bowhunting. I have been up there numerous times, let me know

I'll be up there the 12th to the 15th i'll give you a report when I get back, all depending on how much $$$ you got!!!

I'm going up on the 25th till 1st of September on a solo trip.

I'm headed up 14-20 Aug. I'll also give an update when we return.

I'm going up the morning of the 21st, dk green F350 with big antennas, stop and compare notes.

Scott
    He who tries to tread on me
    will find himself in misery
    and this I promise faithfully
    upon my fathers name

I'm heading up the 24th through 28th
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Leave on the 20th Aug - plan to be back to work on 30th. Black dodge with a hitch hauler and what I assume will be an ugly wooden rack installed to hold all the gear on. Will be in a 12 man Kifaru Tipi somewhere up by PS2.

If I had the 20th off I'd go with you.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

just got back... yep, there's caribou up there!!

heading out in the morning, Well i guess this will be a solo hunt will be in a green dodge 2500 see everyone up there

My partner is coming up Monday awe're northbound and down Tuesday, Hope your filled by then
    Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    heading out in the morning, Well i guess this will be a solo hunt will be in a green dodge 2500 see everyone up there

Looking to head up from the 9th - 12th, for my first time. A friend of mine has said to plan on about 19hr drive, is this accurate? I am also trying to find info about how far up I have to go. Some people say near Toolik and other are saying to the Sag but I am not truely sure. I figure it is pretty much just driving till you start to see some and find a pullout to park, but I am looking to find a little more information so that I can plan logistically for the trip and figure out a little better budget.

If you guys have any ideas I would appreciate a little more info.

Quote Originally Posted by l@@kin_4_holes View Post
    Looking to head up from the 9th - 12th, for my first time. A friend of mine has said to plan on about 19hr drive, is this accurate? I am also trying to find info about how far up I have to go. Some people say near Toolik and other are saying to the Sag but I am not truely sure. I figure it is pretty much just driving till you start to see some and find a pullout to park, but I am looking to find a little more information so that I can plan logistically for the trip and figure out a little better budget.

If you guys have any ideas I would appreciate a little more info.
    When you get to Barrow you are almost thier, pull out about 2 miles from town and look to the east and you will see them

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 323 View Post
    When you get to Barrow you are almost thier, pull out about 2 miles from town and look to the east and you will see them

323!!!!!!!!!!! BROTHER YOU NEED A MAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you won't be driving to BARROW any time soon.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

LOL yeah he is one of Rob's medics like messing with him, I have never hunted the haul road myself one of these days I guess.

I saw wiso up there on Friday. He had a nice bull in the back of his truck. Hopefully he'll put a pic on here.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

yes he did.. perseverance pays off

If you cant stand behind the troops in Iraq.. Feel free to stand in front of them.

hey you all get another one? I wanted to stay and try to get one with my recurve but I didnt want to take a chance of the meat spoiling. maybe ill get another chance to get up there. I almost hit a griz with my truck on the way home almost got a shot off but he went into some thick stuff and I wasnt chasing him lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    I saw wiso up there on Friday. He had a nice bull in the back of his truck. Hopefully he'll put a pic on here.

Quote Originally Posted by wiso_67 View Post
    hey you all get another one? I wanted to stay and try to get one with my recurve but I didnt want to take a chance of the meat spoiling. maybe ill get another chance to get up there. I almost hit a griz with my truck on the way home almost got a shot off but he went into some thick stuff and I wasnt chasing him lol.
    We just got those two. Had caribou steaks the other night, great meat. We looked for grizz the whole way back and didn't see a **** thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AKHunterNP View Post
    We just got those two. Had caribou steaks the other night, great meat. We looked for grizz the whole way back and didn't see a **** thing.
    where's the pics at?? I don't believe you killed S**T!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast