Thread: Women Bowhunters?

Default Women Bowhunters?

Any women bowhunters on the board?

I wouldn't consider my wife a bowhunter but she does own a bow and she does hunt. She just hasn't hunted with her bow yet. I still need her to get off her duff and get her bow certification. Her screen name is AKHuntressNP.
    "...arms like laws discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe...Horrid mischief would ensue were the good deprived of the use of them." -Thomas Paine

I don't have my certification yet and have never hunted with a bow but I am working on it

Quote Originally Posted by whitewolf2025 View Post
    I don't have my certification yet and have never hunted with a bow but I am working on it
    My wife is in the same situation. She has her bow, enjoys shooting more than her rifle, but hasn't gotten her IBEP cert yet. Hope to get that done here sometime between this hunting season and next.

My wife's been IBEP certified for years, but she's only hunted a few times for moose. I promised her that if she got drawn for a moose tag this year, we'd buy her a new bow and all the "accessories". She's always been a "finger shooter", but since she got drawn for the Ft Rich hunt, she's got a new bow, carbon arrows, Muzzys, release, peep sight, etc. She's been tearing up our "Block" broadhead target getting ready for the additional broadhead certification required by the Army. She's shooting great, and her bow's dialed in, so I have faith she'll put the required 4 of 5 broadheads in the moose target this Sat. If she doesn't, well -- no Ft Rich hunt and a wasted draw permit! At least she'll have a new bow :-).

I can barely call myself a bowhunter anymore, as I can't seem to get out and hunt... BUT.... I have bow hunted in the past (deer though, not moose) and I do have my IBEP cert. Unfortunately, I don't have anyone to hunt with, as crazy as that sounds. Did you have questions or are you looking for women to shoot with or just curious about how many women are bowhunting?
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

hoytgirl if i recall you are south of anch.... you should hook up with Aksheephuntress, she is an avid bow hunter and runs all over down there espessaly in the spring time. i met her and her hubby last winter they are great folks.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    hoytgirl if i recall you are south of anch.... you should hook up with Aksheephuntress, she is an avid bow hunter and runs all over down there espessaly in the spring time. i met her and her hubby last winter they are great folks.
    You recall correctly, I live on the Peninsula but I have been in Valdez working since March. I might could hook up with her at some point. I don't necessarily hunt/shoot with females though. Time has just flown by too quickly this year with the way I have been working. Not much time for anything else. Jobs wrapping up now though, a little late for moose season on the Peninsula for this year. Oh well.......
    "Grab your bow and let's go!"

My wifes not on here, but she is a bow hunter.. Shoots a Hoyt of course.. Has her hunter ed, IBEP and is a avid bowhunter.. She has taken both caribou and a moose with her bow.. Can't get her to chase blackbears yet though with the bow.. She is too scared..

She drew the any bull on Ft. Rich this time.. URGGG... we'll be out their hopefully calling in a nice bull. for her to fill the freezer and hang next to her cow..

My 15y/o daughter takes her IBEP this Sat in hopes of going after some bou next month up on the slope..

I just passed my course on the 11th. I haven't gone hunting yet but I really want to! I am jealous of your wife!

My wife isn't on this board but she is a avid bow hunter. She has taken many animals with here bow. Just not Alaska game yet. Hope to change that in a week when we go on our caribou hunt. She has also raised the stakes by switching to a long bow. She really shoots it well and I thing If we can get with in 30 yards of a bou we will have meet in the freezer.
    Wish us luck
    Olin

Default 3 of them

We have 3 women bowhunters. All have taken whitetails, black bears, lots of grouse, one is scheduled for Elk later this fall..and other two have paired to go after a moose this fall.

Hoyt Vixen, Hoyt Vulcan, and recently added Hoyt Maxxis 35

This is all good to hear that there are women bowhunters? Do most of you shoot from tree stands when you go hunting? I haven't hunted with my bow yet but I hope to next season.

My wife did her proficiency shoot on Ft. Rich Saturday morning.. Had to pass in order to get the tag at the orientation that evening.. She smoked the first 3, then hit high on her 4th arrow and drilled the 5th.. so she passed.. All excited for sure.. Such a crowd and followers.. I think she was a tad nervouse..LOL>>

She doesnt treestand hunt up here.. Mainly spot and stalk.. for moose its walk, stop, call and wait.. then repeat..
    Nice Bow selections Alaska 32.. We all shoot Hoyts too.. Ultratec, Alpha Max, Trykon and she has a sapphire

Hoytguy,

Congrats to your wife on the proficiency test! My wife shot Saturday as well, and was a little nervous as she only had a month to get her new bow/arrows dialed in. She shot great, though, and went 5 for 5 in the kill zone with her Muzzy 3-blade 100 gr arrows. Since they force you to hunt with the same exact equipment you qualify with, she wanted "options" on her broadheads, so she asked if she could shoot another qualifying round with her Magnus Stinger 4-blade 100 gr. They said, "okay", so she shot another 5 for 5 round with her Stingers. They certified her for both broadheads, so now she's happy she has her "options" for the late (a.k.a. - freeze your rear end off) hunt. Best of luck to your wife!

My wife shoots everyday and we do 3D shoots together but she doesn't want to shoot animals, which is OK as we hunt together all the time and she loves just going together. Best partner ever, never ever complains and is always there to help with the work.

women bowhunters are sexier than strippers!!!!!