Thread: FBX to Valdez this weekend and or next weekend. Who wants to go?

Talking FBX to Valdez this weekend and or next weekend. Who wants to go?

Seems, I'm tired of financing my "buddies" fishing trips. Looking to head down to Valdez this weekend and or next weekend for silvers and such. I have a 17ft Wooldridge or if you have a better boat fine. I pay my fair share and looking for a couple of guys to be able to pay their share as well.

Yes, this seems to have to be said as well.. Personal hygiene is also important as well.

PM if you are interested in hooking up to go.

Thanks.

Sorry about posting, can't manage to PM you...

I'll be heaqding down to Valdez (from FBX) this Thurs. evening for a Fri. halibut charter and would love to stick around the rest of the weekend to go silver fishing. Let me know if you decide to head down this weekend and I'll throw some extra gear in to stay and fish!

Cheers,

Pete
    978-0217

Change of plans. Might be next weekend now.

It's won't let me edit this post either. Argh.

Hey me and another buddy actually want to go. Do you still plan on going . i have a out of state number but im in fbnks, 3257160412 or email back here

Full this weekend right now. Might be going back in about two weeks. Will let ya know. not sure if it's worth it after the trawlers hot the bay after labor day.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
    Full this weekend right now. Might be going back in about two weeks. Will let ya know. not sure if it's worth it after the trawlers hot the bay after labor day.
    Yeah it might not eb worth going then. But im gona be training after this week so its all good.
    Thanks

Dangit, and the wife and I just chartered a boat for next saturday. Either way we'll be down there trying our luck. I cant foind a charter for a halibut run, so looks like Saturday is the only day I'll be down there fishing. Maybe I should take my boat?????

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Dangit, and the wife and I just chartered a boat for next saturday. Either way we'll be down there trying our luck. I cant foind a charter for a halibut run, so looks like Saturday is the only day I'll be down there fishing. Maybe I should take my boat?????
    All kinds of great reasons to take a boat...but it won't be necessary to catch silvers. Decided not to take mine. There will be plenty of fish caught off of Allison Point. Had no trouble catching 6 last Sunday and that was when things just got crankin'...

I'll be "on the rocks" as well. See ya'll down there...I'll be the guy with the EOD hat!
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

Quote Originally Posted by AF EOD View Post
    All kinds of great reasons to take a boat...but it won't be necessary to catch silvers. Decided not to take mine. There will be plenty of fish caught off of Allison Point. Had no trouble catching 6 last Sunday and that was when things just got crankin'...

I'll be "on the rocks" as well. See ya'll down there...I'll be the guy with the EOD hat!
    Dude my Dad was an EOD Soldier also. Cool! Im gonna charter like I said and we talked about hitting the rocks also. PM me If you want my number and I'll give you a shout when Im down there. Maybe catch dinner with us a night or whatever.And btw I'll be the one with a the Blue Chevy Duramax Diesel with green topper. Cant miss my licsence plate.....D3VLDG

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Dude my Dad was an EOD Soldier also. Cool! Im gonna charter like I said and we talked about hitting the rocks also. PM me If you want my number and I'll give you a shout when Im down there. Maybe catch dinner with us a night or whatever.And btw I'll be the one with a the Blue Chevy Duramax Diesel with green topper. Cant miss my licsence plate.....D3VLDG
    Wow! Always cool to meet some EOD "kin"...lol. Right on, we'll be in a motorhome about midway down the rocks between Solomon and the campground...I'll have three more EOD types with me. Allison Point rookies, too. Gotta put 'em on some fish! We killed the silvers on a charter last weekend just trolling off of Mineral Creek. I fished every available tide at Allison till I had to leave Sunday PM, and the fish finally showed up! They ought to be there in force now.

PM headed your way
    "Live that the fear of death can never enter your heart. Show respect to all and grovel to none. Seek to make your life long and its purpose in the service of your people."

yeah! I was raised up with a bunch of EOD crazies. I used to head out with them and watch old WWII crap get blown up etc... Yeah have fun with the rookies that ought to be a blast.As bad as I want to get down there this weekend, Im going to have to wait till next weekend. Good luck to you fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPaladin View Post
    Hey are you still heading down there this weekend

Looks like Valdez might be done. Not going down to the madhouse this weekend coming up.

Done? You can't be serious. Wait, yeah..... It's done nobody go there this weekend.
    "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

Enjoy the madness of Labor Day weekend in Valdez. )

Will do. I was down there for the womens derby so I have got used to the lunacy of the boat lanch and the bumber boats while trolling.
    "Safety does not happen by accident, it's a choice"

We got lucky this last weekend, no more than ten minutes to wait to retrieve the boat.

has anybody fished the last day or 2 im headiing back down saturday, i know its gona be full , but is there still alot of fish out