Thread: Retired AF Flight Surgeon seeking 2 open seats

Default Retired AF Flight Surgeon seeking 2 open seats

Hello Boaters!

I am a retired AF Flight Surgeon and my wife and I would love to have our own 24 or 26' aluminum enclosed cabin boat someday! The problem is that we have no experience and need to learn the ropes. If you have such a boat and there is a time when you are going out and have a couple extra seats, we would love to share expenses and learn from you! We live in Eagle River, so if you go out of Whittier or Seward some time, we would be excited to join you!

Best wishes,

David
    hotpiano@gmail.com
    726-5060

Alaska - I wasn't born here, but I got here as soon as I could!

David, were you stationed at Elmendorf? I was a Flt Med tech for 20 years or so, perhaps we were stationed together at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by drlipo View Post
    Hello Boaters!

I am a retired AF Flight Surgeon and my wife and I would love to have our own 24 or 26' aluminum enclosed cabin boat someday! The problem is that we have no experience and need to learn the ropes. If you have such a boat and there is a time when you are going out and have a couple extra seats, we would love to share expenses and learn from you! We live in Eagle River, so if you go out of Whittier or Seward some time, we would be excited to join you!

Best wishes,

David
    hotpiano@gmail.com
    726-5060
    David,

Just throwing this out there....but you can learn the basics of of Boating 101 on a fiberglass, steel, or wood boat just as well. And if you open this up a bit you may find yourself standing on the deck of a boat more often. But, truth be told, it really sounds like you want to go boat shopping and want somebody with a brand of aluminum boat that you noted to take you out so you can see which one you want. It's probably a little of both I'm guessing....but if that is the case, just say it, as most boaters that I know would be happy to take you out for a little jaunt if they have room and are going out already. Have a good one and good luck