Well I have finally gotten to a point where I can leave on my trip to Ak in the next few days. I had planned to leave the last week of June, but I had to have a fairly serious eye operation in late May, and my Dr advised against it, should something go wrong. Since I only have one eye left, I decided to take his advice. Follow up Dr visits have resulted in an OK to go, so I am really itching to get going. I had wanted to stay at least a month, but now that will mean returning home in Sept. Some folks I have talked to say some of the best weather the entire year is in early Sept. Some say I could get stuck there until next year . When I look at the 10 day forecast for Anchorage, all I have seen for awhile is rain (I've heard it was a very rainy summer so far). So I may have to wait till next year . So, would it be smart to plan on returning mid Sept? My route in and out is Anc to Northway to Whitehorse, and hope to make it down the Cook inlet to Homer and Seldovia and across to Lake Clark if weather permits.