Thread: Good Day on the Deshka

Default Good Day on the Deshka

Went to the Deshka Sunday. Anchored just below Mike & Mertz about 0630ish. The guy at the gate said fishing had been slow and that you had to work for them and that the they were biting very soft. I caught one right off, it was pretty small so let it go. It smacked pretty hard, using #4 Vibrax. We had 5 in the boat. A friend and his 13 year old son who just got here to visit from back east, another friend who is leaving Alaska and his Dad from MO. Of course I planned for the weather to be crappy, long underward, two long sleeve shirts, insulated pacs etc...Well, the sun was out off and on most of the day, got a sunburn. You couldn't have asked for nicer weather, no wind! We left at 1700. Father and son from MO both got limits, I ended up with 2, caught 4, let one go, my third go knocked off the hook while being netted. The 13 year old got 2 nice ones and his Dad go skunked. So all in all, a great day. Not many boats there, everyone seemed to be hooking up throughout the day. It just wasn't "hot" if you will. Best day I've ever had there.
    When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

When the HOGS show up, somethins gonna DIE!!!
    Blood Sport
    32' Custom Wooldridge
    MMSI #: 338181573

great Im heading up Tuesday evening and Wed taking some friends and my son we have done well this year on silvers Ive got enough for the winter but they are always fun to catch