Thread: Anyone catch my flyline Kenai Sanctuary.

Default Anyone catch my flyline Kenai Sanctuary.

Oh I would say a little bit more than a week ago now I got spooled ( because i dropped my headlamp in the water ) and my flyline broke away from my backing. Its light green and I have no clue exactly what line it was. Just curious if anyone had caught my flyline and if you were on the forum.

I fished for it but when this happened It was already dark.

I hate to tell you this, but with the water as high and as fast as it is, it has probably made its way to skilak lake by now. sorry bud
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    I hate to tell you this, but with the water as high and as fast as it is, it has probably made its way to skilak lake by now. sorry bud

Don't you mean Deep Creek?

Haha I had no intention of getting it back. Just wondering if anyone had happened to catch it!

Yip a buddy of mine hooked on to it just below the power line on Saturday while fishing for bows, he said he was going to spooled it up on his 7 weight heading to Naknek, So its out of the water, We made up a bunch of story’s on how it got there one was,,,, I just gave my 7 year old the rod for a secant to make up a sandwich and the next thing you know I am looking at the end of my backing. Uuggggg!!!!!! I will give him a call but he probably hopes you don’t want it back.

I considered it lost but I definatly would not mind getting it back. If he wants to keep it well I guess he can keep it!

This has nothing to do with your fly line, but about 3 weeks back I took a childhood friend and his wife out fishing out of Homer for halibut.
    We were in 215 ft of water when Randy thinks he has a bite then it just become a snag. After breaking it loose he again felt like he had something on but it was dead weight. He cranked up by the fishing line a nice lamglass and a Penn reel. Anyone else ever catch a rod and reel from the deep?

Quote Originally Posted by power drifter View Post
    This has nothing to do with your fly line, but about 3 weeks back I took a childhood friend and his wife out fishing out of Homer for halibut.
    We were in 215 ft of water when Randy thinks he has a bite then it just become a snag. After breaking it loose he again felt like he had something on but it was dead weight. He cranked up by the fishing line a nice lamglass and a Penn reel. Anyone else ever catch a rod and reel from the deep?

Hey that is my rod and reel! BrianM can verify!! Can't remember how deep we were, but I am sure it would have drifted around with the tide out there. Reel should be red and blue and siver rod, had one with rollers and one without, can't remember which one went over. Reel had white Tuff line on it. Lost in '08

I still wanna know who got my cooler from last Wednesday! Oh, and the two unopened bags of potato chips I watched float away above the Ferry...

Funny stories as to how things get lost while fishing and how they get found by others fishing.
    ~ Kristie~
    The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

I had a buddy loose a brand new Halibut Rod over the side out my Seldovia a few years back. He was really bummed but kept fishing with some back up equipment. A about an hour later another guy on the boat caught the line and go the rod back. I was amazed.

If i said that I lost a stringer full of reds up there. would somebody mail them to me in Ellis Kansas?
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Quote Originally Posted by moose-head View Post
    If i said that I lost a stringer full of reds up there. would somebody mail them to me in Ellis Kansas?
    Sorry those fishes got smoked this weekend
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by alaskachuck View Post
    Sorry those fishes got smoked this weekend
    I'm sure Moose Head will take them smoked.

Quote Originally Posted by RC23 View Post
    I'm sure Moose Head will take them smoked.

Amen to that
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

My dad was trolling at finger lake and caught a small ugy stick once! And the other weekend a guy caught another small ugly stick up at montana creek, there was also another fly rod on the side of the road right after the "welcome to the Kenai Penn." sign on the way back to Anch. Was doing about 75 past it so I didn't stop!

Hiking up the Russian I hear a small yell and see a lady stumble, catch herself, and drop her backpack. Comes floating down river towards me but way out of reach. So I unshoulder my spinning rod, loose my Russian river fly, cast, set, and Bam. Caught me a 20 lbs pack.... Couldn't real it in because of the current and size but held it still until the lady could retrieve it. I couldn't pull that one off again if I tried.