Thread: Lost gear on Crows pass

Default Lost gear on Crows pass

Does anyone know what normally happens to gear on crows pass. I know some people leaves spare shoes and socks near the river crossing, but this weekend me and some of my buddies went and did the pass. Somewhere near twin falls i think, I injured my back really badly in the mud and had to drop some of my gear. My tent and cooking gear at the time. about a mile or two ahead, I realized I couldn't make it as I was, so I had to dump my ruck and only carry my camel pack and what ever important stuff I could keep with me. I remember we were just on the edge of the river after having passed the ladder and other rope sections. It was somewhere between the washed out bridge and the first sign in Eagle river that points to the Nature center. Does anyone know if there is anyone who turns in gear or where it would go...or does it become a free for all.

There is nothing I can't replace, and my health was more important to me then my gear, but if at all possible, i'd like to get it back I suppose.

You might want to post a sign at the nature center. Folks that find gear will often return it if they know who it blongs to. Call the nature center staff and ask if they have some sort of a lost and found list.

Yea, I called there today after getting in from the doctors office. They said nothing like i described has been turned in yet, but they got my info and said they would call if it's turned in.

did someone head back there to get it for you and it was gone? or has no one been back to pick up the gear yet?

nobody from my team went back out yet. I spent all day Sunday in bed trying to relax my back and finally went to the ER most of today to have them look me over and make sure I am ok. Some vicodin and Valium later and lots of bed rest i'm told I should be ok. Personally i'd love to get back out there and see if it's still there. But who knows. Maybe later in the week if my body is feeling up to it I will take my bike and bike the trail as far down as I can to save on time and walking and see if I can't find my gear. If not, I can replace it I suppose. I'm just crossing my fingers that someone will turn it in.

called back this afternoon to the center and was informed that they started getting reports last night of people having spoted my gear on the trail. They said if I couldn't get back out in the next few days, they usually have a volunteer who can go out and grab it.

I go in tomorrow for a CT scan and then if all goes well, hopefully tomorrow evening, or Friday after work I can take my bike and my kids trailer for the bike and ride down as far as I can and then hike the rest of the way to my gear and bring it back. Just load it in the trailer and ride it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Troyfrezze View Post

I go in tomorrow for a CT scan and then if all goes well, hopefully tomorrow evening, or Friday after work I can take my bike and my kids trailer for the bike and ride down as far as I can and then hike the rest of the way to my gear and bring it back. Just load it in the trailer and ride it back.
    Unfortunately, bikes are not allowed on the Eagle River trails.

There were two packs on the trail next to eachother Sunday afternoon, probably a mile or so before the trail veers away from the river towards the nature center. We figured someone was just scouting for a camping spot. Good luck on getting your gear back.