Thread: 850 Miles of Pure Salmon Action (All 5 Species)

Smile 850 Miles of Pure Salmon Action (All 5 Species)

Myself and FishBum left North Pole Thursday evening on the five species quest. Jedi calls it the Alaska Slam! Started at Montana Creek 0530 Friday morning the bite for Silvers was on for those soaking roe. We where using egg sucking leaches and did not hook into to many Silvers. Way too many Chums! Between the two of us we probably caught 50 Chums and 10 Pinks. I only managed to get one Silver. Off to Sunshine Creek. Fishbum caught his Silver here on a Vibrex. Three species caught two more to go. Off to Klutina on Saturday. Arrived at noon and fished for Reds saw Jedi later that evening as he was getting ready for his King Charter. The action was slow at best we managed two limits with about 8 hours of fishing time. One more to go...............Hopped a ride with Groves down to the Copper River where the King action was hot for about 2 hours, we each managed a 35pound King! What a weekend! I forgot to mention there was a young Griz running through the campground. I have enclosed a couple of pictures the rest are in my album.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great story and pics. thanks for sharing.....That griz came to see what I was catching last week. He was only about ten feet behind me when my buddy yelled at me. Scared the crap out of me. Hillbilly

Nice Work Ron! You must have left outta there pretty early, didn't see you when we got back at 2:30.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

I saw you as you turned down the dirt road towards Copper Center. We left at 2:00 from the Roadhouse had to get some eats before the long drive back. Three days of fishing and four meals. Great way to loose weight! Looks like you to had some great King action as well!

Good job, glad you had fun and got home safe. I heard there were some hogs up the river at Copper Center? Your kings are respectable, however I heard some guy caught one that was simply a monster...I think he had to rodeo the fish with the raft? Also heard he let it go...jeezz guess will never know how much it wieghed for sure? found this photo on the internet, do you know him?

king1_1.jpg
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Was that the guy with nothing on but Joe Boxers and flip flops sitting around the fire? I hear he can fish even with a lasso! LOL!

I doubt that anyone can one-up the master!

What that fish is smaller than the Pink I caught to win the Derby at Montana Creek.

Quote Originally Posted by FishingBum View Post
    What that fish is smaller than the Pink I caught to win the Derby at Montana Creek.
    hmmmmm, I do know it was bigger than the king you caught with the magnet guys....should I post the photo? At least you guys got new bicycles, I for one am very jealous....winning the Montana Creek Pink Salmon Derby is on my short list of things to do!
    http://www.myfishingpictures.com/watermark.php?file=133776
    Jedi Salmon Powers Activated!
    www.alaskansalmonslayers.com

Ron,

Sorry I didnt get back to ya sooner...cant post or pm from work. Glad ya had a great trip. I opted to stick around the house and get hte forest mowed and a host of other things done that have been getting kinda bad this summer LOL!