Thread: 2nd Caribou tag...

Default 2nd Caribou tag...

I'm heading up the Haul road for my first hunt up there at the end of August. I'm a non-resident still and was only gonna buy one tag. If I get up there and the hunting is fantastic and get a bull early, is there anywhere to buy a second tag while I'm up there?

Quote Originally Posted by mossyhorn View Post
    I'm heading up the Haul road for my first hunt up there at the end of August. I'm a non-resident still and was only gonna buy one tag. If I get up there and the hunting is fantastic and get a bull early, is there anywhere to buy a second tag while I'm up there?
    I have heard that Deltana Outfitters at Happy Valley has tags. This is second hand info, so call them and ask. Other than that Fairbanks is the last chance that I know of.

Steve

They have them at the General Store in Deadhorse. They might also have them in Coldfoot or Wiseman.

I heard, but dont know how true this is that Scott and Heidi Schlopenhorst (SP) in wiseman might have them......I havent talked to him in years though. He's easy to find. Go past the post office and look for the golden arches of antlers. That'd be the place.

Jerod,

I'm headed up that way this coming weekend as things stand right now.

Dan, I'll probably just miss you then. I'm headed out of here Thursday early afternoon and plan to overnight somewhere between here and the mountains. I need to be back in Fairbanks by mid day on Friday.

If I can, I'll post a report on what I see right when I get back.

that works...I work friday night, off sat morning then off I go, are you living in town again?

Yea, we moved back a few years ago and built a house up on the Ridge.

Last year I'm pretty sure Heidi had tags at their Boreal Lodge in Wiseman..907-678-4566 Give her a call to double check.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Right on man...the same lot you took me too? I'm on badger at plack for now...looking to buy something, tired of renting.

If you get the chance and you like sheep, I'd go see Scott and Heidi regardles, an entry way full of rams is worth the half cup of gas and a few hours you'll be there!

Yea, we were the first to buy in that neighborhood and the last to build. Ended up being a pretty good investment.

I'm not sure what time I'll be rolling through Wiseman. I'd like to take a look at that sometime though. I'm hoping to get one of those roadside full curls that you hear about every now and again. Just need one to step over the ridge late tomorrow evening.

I havent had one roadside, but I do know of a couple nooks and crannies .