Thread: Who can help? Who wants to make some $?

Default Who can help? Who wants to make some $?

Myself and 3 of my buddies are heading to Alaska on the 19th. We will arrive sometime between 6-7pm local. We would need a ride from the airport possibly to REI and then to Eagle River to be dropped off. We would then need to be picked up at Girdwood on the 22nd sometime noon, and taken back to the airport.

If you are interested, please let me know. E-mail is best. taulce1@gmail.com

We can talk about compensation. I'll pay a fair price.

Cheers mates!

The best way to obtain transportation in the areas that you have suggested is hitch-hiking.
    Safe your money. Give a thumbs up. You'll get to your destinations.
    Lurker.

Or you could call a taxi...

You're hiking Crow Pass backwards if you plan to hike from Eagle River to Girdwood. It's all uphill that way except for the last mile or so. Better to hike it from Girdwood to Eagle River.
    "If snowmachiners would adopt the habits of riding one at a time and not parking at the base of avalanche prone slopes, the number of fatalities would likely be whittled by at least a third, if not by half." ~ Jill Fredston, in the book Snowstruck, In The Grip Of Avalanches.

Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    You're hiking Crow Pass backwards if you plan to hike from Eagle River to Girdwood. It's all uphill that way except for the last mile or so. Better to hike it from Girdwood to Eagle River.
    Shhhhhhh. We wanted to hear the trip report from the opposite direction.
    Lurker.

I can give a trip report from the opposite direction. It's no big deal as it's a nice gradual climb. We left in the evening and hiked 6 miles or so the first night and camped. Finished the rest on the second day. The only thing that bothered me was that my legs really hurt on the final downhill to the truck due to the whole day going uphill. Other than that, it was a piece of cake.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Report

Found transportation from a member here. I'm not sure if he wants to remain anonymous or not so for now i'll just leave it at that. Great guy though.

I alway hike the trail that way. The scenery builds that way. It gets better and better as you go. Don't be a wuss. It's just a small hill.

We had a blast, trail conditions were good. The water seems to get colder every year. Haha Got closer to a blacky this year than ever before. He was curious, but finally ran off into the hills. I need to find a new trail. I've done this one plenty now.

Any suggestions? Something scenic?

Pictures!!! We want to see pictures!
    Lurker.

For a multi day hike, I think starting in ER would make for a nice hike. For a day hike, no way I'd want to make the descent from the pass on rubbery legs.

As for other hikes, http://www.amazon.com/55-Ways-Wilder.../dp/0898867916 is a good book and will give you some ideas.

We've got that same book here in our book store: http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...products_id=52

We actually have quite the selection of hiking books here. Among my other favorites are the Walkabout Guides written by Shawn Lions. Excellent detail on some great hikes, many of them lesser known than those covered in the 55 ways book.

Thanks Brian! I didn't realize these were on here.