Thread: would like to get into the guiding scene ?

Default would like to get into the guiding scene ?

I am looking to get an assistant guide liscence but I need more time in alaska amd a recomendation from a hunting guide I dont know any hunting guides in alaska I have no problem proving myself but I know there are alot of guides on this site who might have some good advice and any would be great thank you

great to hear,go to apha alaska web site click on guide post put up a free add telling guides about yourself and what you want to do with contact info,craig

I believe you will need to prove yourself in the field and then the guide you are working for will sign off for you.
    Now left only to be a turd in the forrest and the circle will be complete.Use me as I have used you

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo Will View Post
    I believe you will need to prove yourself in the field and then the guide you are working for will sign off for you.
    I know, I am just trying to find the best ways to finding guides to start out with

Here is a link of the requirements. If you meet these requirements, send me a PM. I know a few guides looking for assistant guides this fall. I placed an add in the jobs wanted section of this forum and received a lot of requests for work.

http://www.labor.state.ak.us/research/dlo/guide.htm