Thread: 16A transporter

Default 16A transporter

Just like clockwork, my transporter for my moose hunt has fallen through. Does anyone know of a transporter who can get 2 hunters into and out of 16A some where on the east side of the Yetna? I am looking for about 6 days in the bush and my dates are some what flexible (26 Aug- 6 Sep). My hunting partner is a non-res and has already booked tickets. That puts me in a bad spot to get last minute plans together. At this point, I am open to other suggestions as well. The last thing I wan to do is take my buddy on a road system hunt. I got the gear and i got the cash. Shoot me a PM if you have an idea. Thanks. CDM

http://www.deshkalanding.com/trails.html This was winter link But any of those Larry ,Ron, Adam. should be able to??

Thanks. I called out there yesterday, got a few leads. So far no takers.

Try Willow Air. Be very careful in your selection. None of the Cargo Transporters are legal to transport hunters, their game or gear. You, as well as they are subject to severe penalty, if everything isn't on the up and up.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Barry Stanley of Denali Flying Service is good. He is located out of Willow. Real nice guy. He owns a Maul and A 185 I believe. How long of a strip are you flying into? Or are you taking a boat. I noticed someone else mentioned Larry and Ron. They are both good transporters for travel by boat. I would't go with Willow Air if I were you. They are good pilots and transporters from what I hear, but extremely expensive. Just my two cents.

I also suggest Willow Air, out of Willow. Airplane transport/support will always be expensive, but they are reliable, and your former transporter was not. The have a safe flying record, and are experienced with drop-off hunters.
    I have flown in their beaver on floats, and was impressed with the aircraft upkeep and with the business.
    dennis

I would suggest Barry of Denali Flying Service. He has a Maule and a Cessna 206. Good guy. Willow Air is pretty expensive. I got a quote from them one time and my jaw about hit the floor. Took a beaver out of Anchorage instead.

Thanks for the help guys. Good luck to all of you.

Use Denali Air service (edited).
    Last edited by Michael Strahan; 01-11-2011 at 05:26. Reason: negative comment about business

Willow Air is a good one - and not expensive. Not sure why others say that, but their prices are very reasonable. Also they are on floats so can go to lots of places the wheel transporters can't.

Quote Originally Posted by Akres View Post
    Try Willow Air. Be very careful in your selection. None of the Cargo Transporters are legal to transport hunters, their game or gear. You, as well as they are subject to severe penalty, if everything isn't on the up and up.
    Have you done a few hunts with Willow Air? Would be great to see pics.

Are you sure you want to hunt moose right along the Yentna? Seems like a number of people I've talked to up in that country have not recommended it for moose hunting in the least bit...
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

I third Barry at Denali Air Service. Heckuva nice guy and good pilot...