Thread: URGENT Caribou hunting air service help. August 29th!

Default URGENT Caribou hunting air service help. August 29th!

I had a mis-communication with the air service I was going to use out of Fairbanks this year. In any event, I already have airline tickets booked, vacation scheduled, etc.

I have a group of 4 people, my wife and I and my brother and his girlfriend that would like to do a drop off hunt August 29-September 4th. We are not first timers. It is my fourth time and my brothers second time.

Could anyone recommend anyone out of Fairbanks? If not, where would you go and who would you recommend?

Thank you for all of your help.

Yikes!
    Looks like Ralph Miller's Deltana still has some availability out of Happy Valley into ANWR. You'd have to make arrangements to get up there (he does run a truck to pick folks up from Deadhorse as one option) and it won't be cheap (especially with your big party because all he's flying are a couple of SuperCubs - the main focus of his business there is sheep hunters) but a good time is pretty much guaranteed .
    Worth a call, anyway.

You might want to try Coyote Air at www.flycoyote.com or call 907-678-5995. I know they fly out of Coldfoot and should be able to help you out.

Mike

TimH and Sterling both recommended going north for Ralph Miller/Deltana and Coyote Air/Dirk&Daneille. I also advise going north up to Happy Valley. And if I were you I would call Mike McCrary flying out of Happy Valley. He can be reached at 908 209-0119...safe, more economical, as a "transporter" he is not concerned with putting any high-dollar guided guys out, and has been flying the arctic for many years.
    It is still a two caribou area!

Ralth flies Super-Cubs 250+- lb weight limit= high time consumption
    Coyote flies a Beaver 1200 lb weight limit, Dirk is great, but not cheap
    Mike McCrary flies a Helio Currier 650+- lb weight limit....but the necessary HC flights with MIke should cost less than the flights with a beaver.

Call NOW, evert body is busy putting out sheep hunters, and the weather has been heavy, causing delays.

dennis

Try Mike McCrary with ABS, he is an awesome guy. He is based out of Happy Valley.
    Alaska Air Taxi was operating out of Deadhorse.
    Brooks Range Avn out of Beetles they pick up folks along the hwy.
    There was also an Airboat transporter doing drop offs.

Mr Dennis posted while I was typing, I echo what he said about Mike, he would be my first call. He is one of the best operators I have ever flown with.

Good Luck
    Steve

I just figured Mike would be booked up. Doesn't hurt to call, though, if you can get through to him.

I know arrowhead outfitters have openings for drops, they have camps out of coldfoot and happy valley, howard may have spots for that time frame, give him a call 907-746-7744. if you ask me his prices are the best I found this year!

Quote Originally Posted by mr.Montana View Post
    I know arrowhead outfitters have openings for drops, they have camps out of coldfoot and happy valley, howard may have spots for that time frame, give him a call 907-746-7744. if you ask me his prices are the best I found this year!
    There is a reason for that. Please do some research.

Steve

Bushwhacker Air is an advertiser here and might be worth a shot.