Thread: Mail in your dipnet permit to f&g now

Exclamation Mail in your dipnet permit to f&g now

You only have another week to mail in your completed personal use dipnet permit postcard.

Mail it now if you're done.

F&G needs your numbers to do their job better.... and, its the law.

Right, thanks for the reminder.

The LAW??!! We don't need no steeeenking laws!!! ;^>)
    -------------------

But more seriously, due to the occasional lost mailed-in permit tally, I nolonger mail mine in. Instead, I hand-deliver it to the local AkF&G office, where they'll give me a receipt for the tally, which can be used later to verify that I submitted it. I've found that when dealing with bureaucracies, whether the USPS or F&G (as two examples) covering my rear-end is priceless.

Count me as another who always hand-delivers my dipnet permit, my harvest tickets, and anything else that I can't file online with ADF&G. Too many stories of "lost" reports that I'm not willing to risk it. At least on the hunting end, when the penalty is not being able to get drawing or registration permits, that is too large a risk to take.

Besides, have you noted the overall condition of your permit(s) after a successful dip-net season??! I don't think any USPS employees really want to touch mine without a serious amount of hazzard pay.

BTW, I think only the Kenai Penn permits are due now. The Copper River/Chitina fishery used to stay open much longer... I guess I'd better re-read mine, huh?

Default my harvest card is a mess!!!!!

Yes, Brian, I always scan mine in before sending so I have a record. If they said I hadn't sent it I could just print another dupe and send (even email) it to them.

Yes, I've thought about posting my mess of a card here to try to stimulate a discussion of how to make a card that would actually be usable but haven't because I'm concerned the discussion would center around the day or two that I just recorded one or two fish, or how terribly messy it is, or worse yet, to see the exact dates I chose to dip and which were the killer days. And then there's the cadre of people that would say that my mess of a card violates F&G law and they want to report me...

We've got a lot of self-appointed "cops" on here that seem to have nuthin' to do except continually sit in their lazyboy recliner in front of their computer and attempt to pick apart the details of what we actually go and do, outdoors....

Oct. 15th for Chitina permits.

Has there been that big of a problem with lost mail-in reports? I mailed mine last week...

Yeah, I mailed mine last week as well. Hopefully it gets there as I have had a moose harvest report or two over the years somehow not make it to their mailed destinations and I got reminders like in February or March of the following year.

FM, I hope my earlier posts in this thread weren't misinterpretted as being critical. The statements were partially informational in nature, and partly in jest. No criticism or other negativity intended.

---------------------

Hunt Ak, I don't think there's been an overwhelming problem with mailed-in harvest reports being liost (I think it's happened to me twice in the last 10 to 12 years, once with a dip-net report, and once with a hunting harvest report, if my memory serves me correctly.

None the less, I've come to feel better about it when I have a receipt in my hand to tape above the desk 'til I think the State's accounting of them has passed.

Quote Originally Posted by ruffle View Post
    FM, I hope my earlier posts in this thread weren't misinterpretted as being critical. The statements were partially informational in nature, and partly in jest. No criticism or other negativity intended.
    Just the way I took'm, no problem on this end.

Plus, I should say that I do enjoy your posts. You post often to the Whats for dinner thread (gr8 thread!) and many others and I always enjoy reading your posts. No worries!

I copy, scan, laminate, and send them in via UPS Red next day air.

Default I've posted my harvest report now

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...566#post784566

Here is my real live harvest permit all filled in, messy though it is. Comments?

FM, Sorry for the confusion that was most likely caused by the absence of inflection and tone in writing on the 'net,' vs. speaking in person. That, and the lack of a closer, greater-in-longevity relationship makes for more frequent misunderstandings of this sort.

If in doubt, in the future, I may insert a preamble in my writing, containing something like, "Warning; this poster is about to become irreverent, and express such state of being via dry humor, which may not always be as obvious as it might be to those who know him best."

Happy fishing!! The 82 fillets came out of the smoker yesterday afternoon, and the last one was vacuum sealed and placed in the upright freezer at 11:59 P.M. last night. Now the sleep deprivation that resulted from this quasi-subsistence stuff can find some sort of relief.

G'Night, g'day, and that sort of stuff.

Default No worries

Quote Originally Posted by ruffle View Post
    FM, Sorry for the confusion that was most likely caused by the absence of inflection and tone in writing on the 'net,' vs. speaking in person. That, and the lack of a closer, greater-in-longevity relationship makes for more frequent misunderstandings of this sort....

G'Night, g'day, and that sort of stuff.
    No worries sir! Happy here.

Exclamation Deadline is Tomorrow to mail in your permit

Just a reminder in case you haven't mailed in your filled out permit - the deadline is tomorrow.

It only costs 28 cents to mail in the postcard, but failure to return the permit is a violation of 5 AAC 77.015(c) and may be subject to a $200 fine and loss of your personal use fishing privileges.

I hand-delivered my Cook Inlet permit to the ADF&G office on College Rd in Fbks on Friday, as well as delivering (2 mos. early) my Chitina permit and the Chitina permit and proxy I worked for a disabled friend.

I received a receipt with both of my permits listed on it, and a separate (second) receipt for my friend's proxy/permit.

Next up; moose, etc., etc.

I too hand deliver mine. I do all of the permit reporting online that is possible because I have had several in the past not show up at ADfG.

Quote Originally Posted by Contender View Post
    I too hand deliver mine.
    If they tell me they didn't get mine, I'll give'm another copy of it (from the one I scanned) and a copy of this thread here that I started...

Aw heck that'd be redundant; I think F&G guys lurk-about here on this forum lots...

LOL, entertaining read. I sent mine in. Hopefully it will find it's way. In the mean time, I'll enjoy the spoils. Fresh salmon! ;-)

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.