Thread: Parks hot for bows

Default Parks hot for bows

Bailed up to the Parks today. Found some spawning pinks and chums and started chucking beads around. Landed two nice bows, 18 and 20, along with a lot of smaller bows and some nice grayling. Find the salmon and that's where you'll find the bows.
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Didn't work for me today.....I must have been doing it wrong! Found lots of chum and pinks but no trout !

Yea? Bummer man. I went back up today after the hot fishing yesterday. Not as many fish caught but got another bruiser and 3 or 4 smaller ones. I forgot my camera yesterday in the truck and today it was in my back pack a couple hundred yards away and didn't want to drag the fish all the way back to get a pic. I'll get some next time though!
    Alaska: We're all here cuz we're not all "there"

Quote Originally Posted by bowdy15 View Post
    Didn't work for me today.....I must have been doing it wrong! Found lots of chum and pinks but no trout !
    Beads can take a long time to get really good at. The biggest thing, in my opinion, is to do away with bobber while fishing beads on the parks. You gotta feel it.
    I am not against the flippin kenai, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering every other stream... ~Paul O'Neil~/~Wyo2AK~

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyman87 View Post
    You gotta feel it.
    She said you'd say that....

Quote Originally Posted by muzzyman87 View Post
    Beads can take a long time to get really good at. The biggest thing, in my opinion, is to do away with bobber while fishing beads on the parks. You gotta feel it.
    I understand were your coming from but some times having a strike indicator helps you fix your presentation, I dont' know, I am 50/50 on them. but I had a good time on the parks though this weekend, my arm was pretty tired from all the pinks and chum. I managed to hook a little bow doing some thing I have never done before and it caught me by surprise which also cost me my fish. I was bobber fishing with an articulating flesh fly with a bead above and one tied into the fly, I was fishing the big eddy up past the bridge on yoder, any way I threw it in the middle and just let it float around in there for a bit, and the fly looked pretty natueral, so I left it in there and not long after this little bow hit, about 16/18 inches I am guessing.