Thread: Sheep season eve

Default Sheep season eve

Fellow sheep hunters,

In just four days our sacred season opens again. Some may be leaving for the high places as soon as this weekend. I wish you good weather, good pilots, good shooting and a heavy pack.

Take lots of pics and get home safe.

My turn comes in October...
    If cave men had been trophy hunters the Wooly Mammoth would be alive today

Default Aug 6, major rains in eastern interior, rivers way up

Raining cats and dogs here in the upper-Yukon country, and rivers were still medium high from the last rains...I am just back from pulling our fishnet (yet again), got down there just in time to get it. I hear it's the same in Fortymile country. Hope it isn't as bad in TMA. Just an fyi to anyone heading upper Yukon or Upper Tanana.

Good luck out there everyone,

Headed to the northern Brooks tomorrow morning from Fairbanks. Sounds like potential delays with the current conditions in the Yukon. Good luck all.

Rained like crazy here yesterday and some last night. Sunny/cloudy/rainy here now. NOAA says Tanana is high from unseasonably warm temps last week+. I'd say glacial/snow fed streams the the AK range will be up as well. Which is where we're headed (weather permitting). Changed our plans because of logistics a few weeks ago. No Brooks fly in this year.

Best wishes to all.

The whole state is socked in right now...we are on weather hold, hopefully late this afternoon or later this evening ......been watching NOAA online to see what is going on...... watching sheep hunt videos to kill time GOOD LUCK !

Quote Originally Posted by Snyd View Post
    Rained like crazy here yesterday and some last night. Sunny/cloudy/rainy here now. NOAA says Tanana is high from unseasonably warm temps last week+. I'd say glacial/snow fed streams the the AK range will be up as well. Which is where we're headed (weather permitting). Changed our plans because of logistics a few weeks ago. No Brooks fly in this year.

Best wishes to all.
    Good luck to ya Bro and thanks again for the favor. Hope I get to draw some Xs on it...

K, good luck to you and your Son as well. I really envy you getting to hunt with your son. Wish mine liked to hunt more than the ladies.

Clear Skies and Heavy packs.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stid2677 View Post
    Good luck to ya Bro and thanks again for the favor. Hope I get to draw some Xs on it...

K, good luck to you and your Son as well. I really envy you getting to hunt with your son. Wish mine liked to hunt more than the ladies.

Clear Skies and Heavy packs.
    Steve
    Thanks Steve, Good luck to you as well....I understand the son thing and girls, we were there once, remember? the boy and I are gonna have some serious talks on the mountain. Take care...
    Snyd , best of luck to you also.........
    Jimmy, save some big ones for us....

Ok all you guys,work hard, shoot straight, stay safe and bring back some good photos for us!

Chuck, I'll make sure my buddy and I shoot sub legal rams only. Hope you make it out soon and thanks for the help the past few days.

Thumbs up Good Luck! "GIT er DONE!"

All my gear is sitting in the Garage ready to load up and head out! Pack weighs in alittle heavier than I'd like (as usual) do to going in Solo this year. Son has to work I know he will be on pins and needles the whole time I am out wondering if I have connected yet or not, as he misses the sights, sounds, and smells of the sheep mountains this year..... We'll make er next yer Bo! Anyway, good luck to all, have an awsome, safe hunt, and hope to be trading stories and pic's with you all in about two weeks! Take care all..........
    Be safe, and enjoy your time outdoors!
    Mountain Man

"I'm not here for a long time! I'm here for a good time!!!!!!!!!!!"

We arrived in Fairbanks earlier today, did some last minute shopping and had pizza and beer. Headed out early tomorrow morning. Weather looks good enough for our destination.

Heading out tomorrow come hell or high water, which is most certainly the latter! No big deal though. Boat will handle it. Good luck guys!

Good luck, fellas. With a new little one in the house this year, and with starting work on August 10th next year, it'll be 2012 before I'm able to put together a dedicated sheep hunt. I'm dying a little inside, but it makes me smile to read the excitement of those heading afield. I'm living vicariously through you guys this year, so when you get back make sure you spend some time putting all of the details on here for us to read and photos for us to enjoy. Good luck!

Default Best of luck guys

Heading to TMA tomorrow afternoon solo. Hope the sheep and weather gods are good to us all.

Steve