Thread: Lost Shrimp pots??/

Default Lost Shrimp pots??/

I found this on craigs list.

M. Kitzan, lose some shrimp pots

Date: 2010-08-06, 8:33AM AKDT
    Reply to: sale-rj4jg-1884077478@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Found your pot out of whittier in 2400 ft of water. You are shrimping way to deep. 4 cans of
    cat food and not a single shrimp. If you want them back give me a call need to know your AK #
    351-9161 Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Batchman View Post
    Found your pot out of whittier in 2400 ft of water. You are shrimping way to deep. 4 cans of
    cat food and not a single shrimp.
    Ha! Love this guy's sense of humor.
    Alaska Fishing Forums : They are my addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by Batchman View Post
    I found this on craigs list.

M. Kitzan, lose some shrimp pots

Date: 2010-08-06, 8:33AM AKDT
    Reply to: sale-rj4jg-1884077478@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

cat food and not a single shrimp. If you want them back give me a call need to know your AK #
    351-9161 Allen

Quote Originally Posted by HainesAKFisherman View Post
    Ha! Love this guy's sense of humor.

They would probably be full if he was using Potbuilders Shrimp Crack!!!

Heard on the radio friday that somebody had P Nelson's buoy and pots by Main Bay, he said the pots had drifted. Not exactly sure on the "P" it might have been "B" or something else, I was over by Knight and there was a bit of static.
    2696 Sea Raider Pilothouse
    "Dominion"

And looks like another posting, whats the world coming too. WooooooHooooo

Found Shrimp pots (PWS)

Date: 2010-08-09, 1:30PM AKDT
    Reply to: sale-ryh9y-1889728859@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

If you Lost some pots tell me where and what you had
    I have some I found floating

I have my phone number on my buoys. Hopefully nobody will ever have to call me.

If someones pots are floating in 2400' of water does that mean someone can pick them up, just because there floating that gives someone the right. Mybe he wanted them floating. Or thats my excusse when I'm pull peoples pots ( Oh well I thought they were floating, AOF says then its ok to pull other peoples stuff. Leave them alone if there not yours. If mine float, I'll find them.

I respectfully disagree, Trakn. If they're floating in 2,400' of water, I highly doubt that was intentional. Likewise, I highly doubt the person would find them after they have floated away from their intended locale. We have returned two sets of pots over the years, and the owners were very grateful to get them back.

If someone finds my pots floating, please pick them up! It's not easy work pulling pots so if someone goes to the trouble to pull my floating pots out of the water then I'd appreciate it. Plus it beats my having to run all over PWS trying to find my pots or thinking that someone stole them.

Brian I respect your opinion (sp ?). I am just seeing way to much ( hey who's are these I think there floating I only have 500' of rope and theres are in 800' well it's ok to pull them ). I don't know if that sounds right, but I think people should be very careful before the touch people stuff. I never have. But with my luck the day I find some floaters and decide to return them some guy will pull up and start shooting. My luck anyway. You watch some day something like that will happen. Lets just becareful on this one.